Introducing Digitakt

Opps sorry bout that

1 Like

Classic Elektron moment at 21:28 in the Cuckoo video :slight_smile:

Joking aside, it does look like a really fun box.

Compressor would be most necessary for my uses.

But that smirk leads me to believe, like you, something new and unique for Elektron.

Perhaps a global beat repeater?
Or a Macro page?

2 Likes

I hope this new chromatic mode is coming to OT at one pointā€¦ :aw:

Iā€™m betting on EQ followed by multiband comp + limiter.

Excellent - thanks for this insight - Iā€™m new to the world of Elektron :wink:

1 Like

what about the envelope follower from the heat icw eq/overdrive?

In 20 years there going to digitally encode clicks and pops in your sample slices for that ā€œvintageā€ vibeā€¦ :content:

9 Likes

That level of smirking seems to warrant more than a compressor or eq to meā€¦ :alien:

4 Likes

ā€¦maybe the Master Page has an Ableton Link buttonā€¦

envelope followa

1 Like

9 Likes

9 Likes

I had a feeling that the DT would be neat but I was pretty sure I wouldnā€™t want oneā€¦ Enter Cuckoo videoā€¦
It just looks fuuunnnā€¦ Straight up it just looks like itā€™ll be really fun to create withā€¦ Fun is really important to me when making musicā€¦ :totes:
My Smirkometer TM Smirkatron Analyzer is in storage right now or weā€™d get to the bottom of this master sectionā€¦

4 Likes

itā€™d be deadly if you could select more than 64 steps for a pattern and it would automatically join 2 or more patterns together and chain them. My melodies n chord progressions are naturally usually very long and unusual lengths n trynna set up chains of multiple patterns of differing lengths always interupts my vibes. and it happens nearly every time i use em.
it would be cool so it would :slight_smile:

1 Like

Master section would be drum related.
Looking at Rytm, Iā€™d say a compressor. This has to be there. With the feature to get the freq out of the way of the kick ^^
And global EQ makes sense, I guess.

I must say that I wasnā€™t very excited by the box. I was thinking it was less powerful than OT.
Now that Iā€™ve seen @Dataline demo it in front of @cuckoomusic, I feel like my OT suddenly aged ! :older_man: :older_woman:
What a video, the workflow seems very quick, straightforward, I like it.
And the sound !!! It sounds really good !!
Damn, I was sure I would skip this one, now Iā€™m feeling like I might sell the OT and get a brand new DTā€¦

2 Likes

no one?

Cenk wants two DTā€™s with an OT in the middle!

3 Likes

Oh and that little nugget in the videoā€¦
Iā€™ve used edit page clear in performance but somehow never considered ā€œundoā€ and repeatā€¦

1 Like

All hail Captain Picard

4 Likes