Introducing Digitakt

Did I open up another wormhole of vague speculation of the unknown ? Whoops, meant to sit on the sidelines… At least the conversation seems rather civil…

3 Likes

So we have projects, each project might have 16 banks, each bank has 16 patterns.
Each pattern has 8 audio/sample tracks and 8 midi tracks.
Each project has 64mb of RAM, which you can use for samples, selected from the 1gb of internal storage and sampling and re-sampling. So you have to keep in mind that you do not completely use the 64mb, if you want to sample/re-sample.

How many sample slots per project? How many sound slots per project? Because I guess you will have your samples in there, but you are able to tweak for example 1 sample in a variety of ways and store these as different sounds.

Re-sampling: which options do we have? Re-sampling the master output, re-sampling a selected track, re-sampling a selection of tracks? What could be fun is that we have have the option to use re-sample triggers as well, just similar to the OT.

Where is the fx track? Hopefully it is there, but I could not find a dedicated knob like on the RYTM/A4 when looking at the top panel… give us a demo please, please, please…

1 Like

Just scrolling through these threads for tidbits of info. Does anyone have ideas about midi implementation? I’d be really interested if you can play the sounds via an external control… velocity sensitive pads for example.

2 Likes

From one of the teaser vids, it looks a lot like Rytm, which has 127 samples per project.

1 Like

So the DT looks like a super SP-404 sx, no?

1 Like

Not the first thing I’d compare it to personally. When I think of Sp404 I first think of fx/resampling. With the DT I’d prob first think ‘sequencer’. Sp404 sequencer is almost non-existent and DT has no insert fx… Totally different boxes from my POV :wink:

2 Likes

May be as much effort to provide for loop sync :sunglasses:as for one shot insert on conditional :satellite: trigs

maybe more of a super Volca sample.

3 Likes

^^a :joy: SP 505 off the futur

http://futuremusic.fm/player/ :calendar_spiral: …Octatrack is playing…

op1 is more like a super sp404 id say. sorta. maybe :stuck_out_tongue:

DT is more like a part MD Lite / part OT lite, sorta thing.

1 Like

Doesn’t it have a distortion and multimode filter insert effect on each track?

I guess what got me was the potential for resampling beats which reminded me of a 404. Upon further inspection I tend to agree with you more.

Yeah, you can look at those as inserts, my mistake. But what I mean is that DT has less fx than OT, and OT doesn’t feel anything like an Sp404 :wink: You can dial other ‘fx’ in on OT/DT using what’s there + p-locks/lfo etc but Sp404 is cool cos everything takes like 2 seconds to browse through fx :wink: And DT sequencer absolutely destroys Sp404!

Agree with the post saying DT more like a killer volca sample upgrade. To be fair tho DT is way beyond both VS and Sp404 overall and not really very similar to either of them…

1 Like

Looking at the machine, it looks like their is a “SRC” button, which I assume means defining your audio source for the track… Potential for Thru tracks to process incoming audio with the send effects, filters, etc. Have they mentioned anything about this?

I definitely agree, but I admit I’ve never used either the Sp404sx or the VS. I’d thought about getting the former when I was first transitioning from using Ableton for performance, but luckily caught wind of the OT.
I’d really, really love to get a DT to replace the OT because I love the idea of its compact form a lot, but the OT is just too powerful comparatively, so it would mean going back to also using Ableton for gigging :neutral_face:

On another note, I like that these two newest boxes can function as sound cards, as that would be a bonus for producing music while traveling and eliminate one box needed, so far though, the DT just has me wishing in the end for an OT with OB/soundcard functionality.

edit: or individual physical outs. :grin:

“Pre-order Generation” :joy:

3 Likes

I only hope it actually IS as useful as a so-505 or 404 in the sample dept. those two already beat the DT out in streamable storage. The 505 can slice and have several voices connected to one of its 4 seq. Tracks. Just saying, the Roland boxes have certain functionalities that are really useful. Plus they’re dead easy to use.

DT has got more in common with a Circuit or the new Electribe sampler than a Volca or Roland.