Introducing Digitakt

Personally struggling to see the value of DT in an ITB setup!

2 Likes

Hoping for Direct Jump on the DT

1 Like

OB isnā€™t just for an itb setup. it can be used to simply multitrack your hardware tune into a daw for mixing down. which is how I use it.

2 Likes

Me too, Iā€™ve aimed it twice at the Elektron goalkeepers but no goal as of yet!

Add that to BPM per pattern x individual track length and maybe time sig and itā€™s going to get very crazy in no time!

am proper hypnotised now :yum:

1 Like

Teasing
Always teasing

Sound is good

2 Likes

Oh snap! Thatā€™s an excellent call! Well done!

3 Likes
5 Likes

i would like to be bpm as a dynamic parameterā€¦ for parameterslides or a lfo target for exampleā€¦

3 Likes

Soā€¦no song mode?

Does this follow song mode of other machines?

If so, would that just work like if you program song mode on the AnalogKeys for example as: A04 A05 A07, the Digitakt will play the same sequence in sync automatically?

Nice promotional video for elektron series lovers can really make the difference ^^
better sample management with a musical distribution between the two engines in all cases

After 5 years of Elektron ownership im still wiping all my progress by mistake the whole time.
just lost an hours work on my A4 there by forgetting to save my kit before reloading it during a jam. Iā€™d saved the project, not the kit.
Itā€™s so frustrating when that happens.
thatā€™s one thing digitakt is gonna slay for. no having to save in multiple locations. yEs please :slight_smile:

1 Like

Care to explain why we still canā€™t fine tune the start and end point of a sample on the rytm then.

The pattern/kit relationship is such a buzz kill.

1 Like

yeah, but careful if youā€™re prone to seizures. Those strobes in the beginning a pretty full onā€¦

1 Like

will the DT have ā€˜Parameter Slideā€™ functionality similar to the AR?

1 Like

Am I the only one that likes kits? You can have one assigned to multiple patterns so you can tweak the kit and the same sounds will be heard on the associated patterns. I love on the AR how you can mess up all your kits and tweak away and that you donā€™t need to reload them all or the project, you just choose one you havenā€™t altered or like the tweaks you did and turn it off, the rest are back to normal when you turn it on. I also think itā€™s nice to have a pattern and be able to load 128 different kits to it. And thereā€™s kit reload on pattern change optionā€¦

I think this is the biggest flaw of kits. I have lost several beats on my A4 because I have started creating another pattern and edited the kit, ruining the previous pattern in the process.

2 Likes

Yep, Iā€™ve done this too without realising it.

1 Like

This is why I ask if Iā€™m the only oneā€¦
I like it, when you get use to it I believe it is much more flexible than if the kit was locked to a pattern. Basically when I know I like the kit I save it. From then on I only save again if I like it better, which allows me to tweak everything and then either kit reload or power off. I always save to new kit on a new pattern but if I forget Iā€™ll keep tweaking and then save the kit as new with the new pattern, then jump back to the other pattern and reload the old kitā€¦ so nothing is lostā€¦

1 Like