Introducing Digitakt

You must be the life of the party.

WTF? Talking about gear spec on a forum. I was answering YOUR question. Good attitudeā€¦

1 Like

Youā€™re just so negative. I said what Iā€™m hopeful for and you tried to douse it. I mentioned an alternative that gives you exactly what you want and you questioned its relevance.

Forget about it. I donā€™t want to fight.
Iā€™m not a fanboy and I agree that the rytm was a let down in some ways. But itā€™s still a great box. And while the DT will not be perfect either, Iā€™m sure it will be very useful and great for some ppl

Edit, donā€™t delete your posts man. You were uppity and said ā€œhow is that relevant?ā€ And my question was rhetorical

:elan: :elan:

ps: Moderators can review all edits - so be careful what you say / retract ā€¦ but above all donā€™t police things amongst yourselves, flag posts which get you :heat:

be nice and keep it on topic, thanks

3 Likes

Sorry my comment was unnecessary and rude.

1 Like

This thread is a time loop! Iā€™m not being negative. We just have different opinions/requirements. Thatā€™s fine. You arenā€™t making me want to buy it by saying what you like about it. So donā€™t let me ā€˜douseā€™ your hype by saying what I find to be weirdly missing. Which people are coaxing me in to repeating endlessly even when Iā€™ve veered in to new areas of conversation.

Some other users will be on same page as you. Some other users will be on same page as me. Both pages are cool :slight_smile: I might even end up being hyped on DT after videos show up and want one. Maybe it all balances out in use. But teasing products provokes speculation and evolving assessment given whatever details are increasingly shared. Itā€™s just discussion/debate. Gear gets criticised all the time on this forum, for some reason people are taking it personally with DT thoā€¦

3 Likes

All cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

Guess you could send Kick > Left. Everything else>Right? If you can hard pan reverb/delay too. Guessing you can. Not ideal but possibly a useable workaround for separate kick at shows. Might make you compromise on fx depending if you want to send kick to delay or whatever. But could prob figure something out or I guess could resample kick+ fx/whatever you need to.

And lose the stereo field completely. Nah, thereā€™s no real workaround. Except for using an external kick synth. Which again kills the price and size advantage of the DT.

I donā€™t do ā€˜electronicā€™ club kind of shows but from posts on here I heard most dance venues/engineers mix FOH in mono tho? So no stereo field anyway in that scenario? Admittedly would be some ballache tweaking projects between studio and live tho.

New on Instagram from Elektron - https://www.instagram.com/p/BSLtDc8BFuK/

4 Likes

hmā€¦okā€¦iĀ“m sure itĀ“s a nice box which can do nice sounds and things, and i think itĀ“s worth the price. definitely.

my only complaint is, the price is slightly different than the ā€œsomewhere between 600 and 650ā€ shout out at namm. but maybe this is the fault of financial market or so, idk.

anyway, letĀ“s have a look at the final product!

Sounds neat. Does this mean a proper demo is due soon? Iā€™d love to see Elektron prove that all the naysayers (including me) are wrong about the limitations of this product.

Donā€™t understand the negativity towards this little guy, really excited for this one. Itā€™s a souped up Korg ES-1, which is a good thing. In a world where people pay $500 for guitar pedals, this seems like good value!

That being said, In lieu of a song mode, Iā€™m curious to see if it has simple pattern chaining functions.

1 Like

The only way is to tether the DT to a laptop and use OB. The issue with OB is we probably wonā€™t be able to use 8 separate tracks plus the two inputs. The bandwith wonā€™t allow it. On my AR I use 4 separate inputs plus the master inputs at 16/44 for the smoothest workflow.

They said it will most likely allow all streaming at once. DT uses higher resolution usb or somink

1 Like

Yes, this is correct. How many channels at 24-bit that will be available is still being evaluated, but it will be more than the current Overbridge implementation.

5 Likes

That would be a major plus. Then you can put together a nice little setup with the DT a couple of monosynths, a laptop and a good midi controller like the Launchcontrol XL. Versatile and tidy!

In both demos they are really showing off the start/end/loop function with what sounds like an lfo/p-slide and live manipulation. Much better than a straight drum beat at least, with zero imagination.

I bought the Rytm last year after not hearing a single decent thing come out of it anywhere, the manual convinced me what I could get out of it and I hope this box will be the same. Sold it though when I got hooked on eurocrack.

That being said, can you send a DT to Jochen Rueckert asap please Elektron, go onā€¦

Even if only 16 bit, I would love to see all 8 audio tracks plus L/R mains FX returns, 10 total.
If the 2 ext inputs can be piled on top of that, aā€™la A4, then even better.

2 Likes