Introducing Digitakt

2 Likes

these are all the places that Elektron will deliver to first before they ship to your retailer

14 Likes

Elektron O.Gs this week, retailers next. I’d say they are right on schedule, May release and Elektron O.Gs gets first dibz (if only by a few days).

@phaelam you really think that’s impressive ?
You’re profile picture is more impressive to me ! :smile:
Don’t worry I have an Ot (stereo tracks), sold my Mpc 1000, and I’ll surely buy a DT one day. :wink:

it’s about the sum of the parts, how they interact, and how you interact with it.
individual specs on paper don’t hold up in the real world.
with that said I think the DT is really impressive. not to mention you seem to disregard the ultra-streamlined sampling / saving. that in itself is impressive and gon be fuken rapid. it’s a big upgrade that seems to be going under the radar somewhat cause it’s not lots or ram or whatever :)/

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s next for Elektron?

I think I’m going to cancel my DT preorder for now, and wait to see what the “Master” function, and the midi sequencing features look like first. I’m having a lot of fun with my other samplers right now anyhow.

1 Like

Pots and pans

Not impressed : AT ALL… :slight_smile:

But… what is experimental is important and must exist in any case.

But i really think i’m not in noises, glitch, broken ride and intelligent dance… yeah i guess if there’s no soul or melody i don’t like it… like Freaky House (blips and clicks) few years ago… i was meh what’s that… i don’t like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Cant say I like it either, my wife didnt like it either. I generally do like the machine drum sound though.

probably only a few days of this thread left to go … let’s keep it light, genial and on-topic and disagree agreeably etc.

LP5 is one of the most beautiful electronic albums ever imho, but I couldn’t really take their direction afterwards … taste is one of those subjective things, it’s a good thing we all like different stuff

anyway … Digitakt …

6 Likes

Yes you right on " i was simply showing that you can do stuff without having absolutely every feature " it’s me i’m a stupid french where everything is a debate hahaha :joy:

You right no need to get all gear to make fabulous music of course

2 Likes

Sorry to have upset you, unintended.

1 Like

Scanning through sample the granular way is interesting a lot :stuck_out_tongue: with trig conditions… :stuck_out_tongue:
Can’t wait to try it out :wink:

:joy:

My heart goes to detroit even in a more listening track environment :wink: But yeah nice to to have as much as taste as people on earth ! otherwise it will be boring :stuck_out_tongue:

(To stay in topic i’m sure you can do that on MD, DT, OT anyway it’s the musician the genius not the gear)

3 Likes

thanks phaelam for fila brazillia.
hell, its great.

1 Like

After a long few months and an ever changing mind I’ve held on to my money and resisted the urge for a preorder deluge, the mpc live and countless other gear saving it for the digitakt. I almost gave up when they increased the price and charged for overbridge but I remained strong. I promised myself the videos that were in production few weeks ago (still waiting :slight_smile: ) would finalise my decision but without them I’ve decided it’s the digitakt for definitely as my next purchase.

Now to wait for preorders to shift so I can by the next batch

3 Likes

Honestly, I’d rather have the Digitakt than the Deluge. The UI for the Deluge looks great and fun. But I just want to work samples on that DT OLED. And as small as the footprint is for the Deluge, the DT has it beat.

1 Like

I’m sure some retailers online or Ebay will have some for sale by the end of the week.

2nd batch will better anyway (I keep telling myself) :grinning:

3 Likes