Introducing Digitakt

I couldn’t find the answer to this:

Will it load 24 bit samples?
What bit depth/sample rate for sampling through the audio inputs?

Thanks!

Craig

DK for sure but I think 16/48.

Samples in at 16/44.1
Streams out at 24/48

1 Like

No, the samples are 16 bit / 48khz, and digital output via Overbridge is 24 bit / 48khz.

8 Likes

I think they took as much care with the RYTM, do not forget the RYTM is much more complex.
With the DT they seem to be more focused and they choose to upgrade the hardware as well.
I see it more as a positive evolution of their current line of products.
To be honest I rather prefer this in stead of a a RYTM mk2. Of course there’s some room for improvement regarding the RYTM, but that does not mean it’s a great machine, I even can say it’s their best and most fun and playable instrument to date (which I have owned/tried), but that’s jus my opinion/experience.

I really would not have liked if the released a RYTM mk2, I experienced this in the past with the MD mk1/mk2 and I really like Elektron for not following that path again.

I think the sampling engine in the RYTM was (initially) designed for layering the analog drums, of course you can use it in many other ways as well (and how :loopy:) but the core of the RYTM is the analog engine. With the DT it’s completely different, it’s all about the sample engine. I pre-ordered the DT for that reason, with a big bonus which is the 8 track midi sequencer. It will fit perfectly next to the RYTM for my purposes.

We have VESA mounts on the back if you want to mount it in a rack, or … Well, whatever that has a VESA mount.

Side mounts not possible on this design. For stands it will need to have some bottom edge support, like many of the OP-1 stands around.

5 Likes

Yes, panning per track of course! (Delay/Reverb send effects are in stereo as well, naturally)

Samples are converted to mono prior to uploading. I think it can actually store stereo samples, but it will just waste space, really - the sample playback is mono.

3 Likes

Looper on the master would be totally nuts. Not sure how that would work though haha

1 Like

The filtered was not modeled after a specific analog filter. It however has a sort of ladder character due to the non-linearity and saturation (sort of same thing, I guess?) introduced in various stages. Personally I really like the filter, especially for making kick drums and acid basslines!

5 Likes

I agree, they are basically the same thing with some minor wrinkles on where you orient the wavelet stretching and modification algos.

1 Like

Notch filter being added too? Please say yes! :innocent:

1 Like

Comb filter would be even better :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As you mentioned earlier there’s no fx track, but will it be possible to p-lock the Delay/Reverb settings on the other tracks? If so, how to you prevent these p-locks interfere between the various tracks?
For example if you p-lock a delay parameter on step 4 of track 1 and p-lock the same delay parameter on step 4 of track 2?

They’re sends, not inserts :wink: You p-lock the FX parameters and anything that’s being sent to them will have those changes in their reverb/delay. < at least that’s how I imagine it’ll work?

1 Like

No FX tracks, no parameter locking of the effects. Some things just have to be left out!

4 Likes

You can p-lock/automate fx params tho right? Like change delay time/feedback etc per step or with automation?

no per-step locking, since there’s no track which can hold these p-locks.

(which, odd! a pattern already holds 16 tracks - one more for the FX couldn’t have hurt the memory footprint very much. Maybe the reason it’s not there is something else)

midi / ob automation sure.

Ai, thats a pitty…

Ah, I get it now. Ouch… Maybe they could find a way to add later, like the option to sacrifice a midi track or something?

So you could use a midi cable and midi loopback no prob I guess?

Or maybe LFO to the FX param, and then p-lock the LFO would do what I’d want with some fiddling.

1 Like