Introducing Digitakt

“An Lfo per track” : for midi tracks too ?
What about the distorsion FX ?

you mean this?

8 internal audio tracks
8 dedicated MIDI tracks
1 × Digital multi-mode filter per audio track
1 × Distortion effect per audio track
1 × Assignable LFO per track
Delay and Reverb send FX

would be nice to have footage of it being used by cenk.

a little surprised by overbridge pro but they have to start recouping investment … ideally it’d be free with pre orders or something like that.

1 Like

It’s more than the jacks that takes up space for individual outs. But sure it would have been more expensive as well if it would some how have fitted.

No one here at Elektron expects more Overbridge sales as a result of no individual outs.

3 Likes

Wait : you’ll still be able to use the good old C6 :slight_smile:
And even without that, I don’t remember being said that the functionality for dealing with samples was from a VST.
The only thing I remember is that it was said that you couldn’t use an OSX Finder or Windows Explorer to drop your files like you would do on a USB stick…

Sample transfer will not be done in the VST but a separate application.

Drag & drop, sure but to the application. It will not be mounted as a USB storage device in your OS.

5 Likes

:point_up: :eye: _ :eye: :point_up_2:

Great, no problem with a separate app - please make it not too resource hungry!

Will this app also work with Rytm?

1 Like

Yes!

11 Likes

Will it be fast is the million dollar question ?

Olle, just some feedback for your managers, can you convey to them that: fast USB sample transfer to the AR was one of the more important things which was overlooked for some time.

1 Like

When will we get to see a hands on demo?

1 Like

At least pre order is even available to get a handle on the cost in Europe. We can’t even sniff it in Australia. Really disappointed, the paying for OB ‘premium’ is a complete slap in the face considering this was marketed at NAMM as affordable entry level, plus the cost has gone up. This will upward 1K in AU dollars similar to the Heat and not be available until December, I’m guessing.

1 Like

The web demo certainly has that nice elektron sound which I guess is the DAC, though it is in danger of making the unit look a lot simpler than it actually is functionalitywise.

Restrictions and rules from a brand that has been promised to break them all.

I must admit, I’m slightly gutted. I get the whole idea to target other markets and than not every product is for the seasoned elektronauts. But man, this has nothing to do with creating sound, expressing ones self or even being inspired.

Money this, features that, who cares about that anymore, we are tired. Like a lot of us, I’ve been teased for too long, each time giving the benefit of the doubt due to the amazing previous products elektron has manufactured.

After reading the horrible consumer driven strategy around the DTs, I’ve lost something quite special to me. I’ve lost the idea that elektron is a company that stands by your side in the studio or on stage and truely wants to help you express yourself through sound via their machines.

Recently it seems they are just after my wallet.

3 Likes

The Machinedrum is a delightfully immediate machine with a lot of overlap with what the Digitakt offers. It’s a wonder Elektron didn’t go the whole-hog and release an upgraded MD?

Dust off the digital synthesis engines, modernise sample handling, effects and sequencing, keep the jogwheel and 16 tracks, resampling, inputs and bountiful outputs. And once that is in place, add something new: pressure sensitive trig buttons, analog master effects, USB audio, OLED display, something new for performance (touch strips? xy pad overlaid on the screen?), engineer it to receive samples sent from an Octatrack (imagine sending a slice to a drum track on the fly!), etc. Oh, and please not another characterless black box with a tiny screen.

5 Likes

Elektron, and other high quality manufacturers’ self-contained machines are massively cheap compared to eurorack.
I think elektron have found themselves in an awkward spot where they are a premium provider of standalone boxes that provide the functionality of a 84hp 2u modular skiff box or less, in a compact single machine.
I don’t doubt their commercial think tank have had interesting conversations about the niche they occupy.

2 Likes

I see what they’re doing. They’re releasing “cheap” mini-products so, their full-fledged products will understandably have a higher price tag :smiley:

2k+ for the OT2

1 Like

OT2 Black and Gold System, £4,600

3 Likes

I am still interested, but I was a bit shocked when I saw the pricetag. Its €100,- + more then we thought. I definatly want to see the manual first before I do a pre order. I hope its coming online soon. Untill then its difficult to say if I want this, I was thinking about getting a second rytm because I like it so much, not only as drummachine, but was waiting because I want to know a bit more about digitakt… then I can decide. So… MANUAL plz!

I dont understand the path they are taking with Overbridge. Charge that amount for an upgrade… i am not using overbridge atm, but I am not gonna use it or even try it now in the near future, sorry guys.

Still looks like a fun box, would be great on a tropical holiday or something. Monetising OB makes sense, they dev’d it for free for all those years. Still DT isn’t for me looking forward to what’s next :stew:

Ouch, inflated “affordable” pricing and OB premium leaving a very sour taste.
Certainly making me reconsider my next hardware move.

3 Likes