Introducing Digitakt II

I do not have either of the two devices and I guess I’m asking a stupid thing: is it possible to route each Digitakt’s track separately to the Analog Heat? Via overbridge/USB audio or something like that.

Isn’t it because of higher supply chain costs? Maybe it would’ve been cheaper if Elektron products were made in China

Agree with the sidechain routing! Now if only you could zoom in on the start/end point at sample track trig level :slight_smile:
Got my shipping notification from Thomann - looking forward

3 Likes

Read through the manual last night. Here are all my wins:

1. Stereo samples
  2. More memory
  3. P-locking retrigs
  4. Macro controls
  5. Glide
  6. 8 pages!
  7. Multiple conditional trig layers
  8. Bypassing compressor
  9. Backwards compatibility
  10. Euclidean

In all reality, besides the memory and stereo samples, I can’t imagine the other features won’t come to the DT1 or other Digiboxes, but just those first 2 are enough for this to become the hub of my setup and prevent me from buying a 6th Octatrack!

I wish recording time was longer, sample transfer via USB was faster, and it had sample crossfade, but otherwise, I’m pumped for next week!

1 Like

I am sorry if this was discussed already (I skimmed through half a thousand messages), but what’s the substantial difference between the Slice and Grid machines?

Wait, can you confirm, you have 5 (five) Octatracks?

I am in the top 42 !
Delivery scheduled for monday…

5 Likes

Had !

images

7 Likes

See: Introducing Digitakt II - #322 by sezare56

Wishful thinking on my end that this means we will also get a new “SLICE” machine here in the future to differentiate.

2 Likes

I would love that… anyone would, but I think they are either holding that as a last resort card if sales really dwindle, or they will not do it because Octatrack sales.

Makes more sense yes :slight_smile:

1 Like

No difference apparently.
But GRID is probably a more appropriate name, a new SLICE machine with different lengths and auto chop would be great !

Edit : due to zero crossing auto snap, GRID isn’t perfect ! Should be called the ZERO CROSSING GRID. :meh:
Say it again : zero crossing change tune of short slices, and can change the groove of a beat with plocks, create small gaps…
Option !!!

4 Likes

If they implemented something like the digitone layering that would work nicely. One track gets the trigs from another. Then you could have n number of tracks that are driven by an initial track but have the sound / timbre changed, detuned or however you like. I guess you’d need to use presets as you wouldn’t actually have trigs to adjust. Anyway…

I’ve been using the Mk1 for about 6 years and it’s my favourite bit of hardware so made the jump and ordered one. So many quality of life changes that I think will take a while to fully realise.

Nice job Elektron!

2 Likes

Looks like I’m a lucky guy,

Ordered (about 0.5h later than I thought I would, because I hestitated), and now I have a tracking number.

yay, im in my mencave. adiós muchachos, see you in a few weeks. But I guess this sessions will start next week then.

:sweat_smile: :star_struck:

2 Likes

Yeah I guess it’s possible. 🤷

I managed to snag one from Schneidersladen (now also out of stock) The guy told me I was lucky. I already have the shipping number! I think I’ll stay away from Thomann for a while.

3 Likes

A real shame, hopefully it’ll come in an update.

9 Likes

lol, berlin ebay-kleinanzeigen is FLOODED with digitakts since yesterday’s official announcement.

after watching a few videos, it seems i’m going to have to eventually get a digitakt 2, very annoying :P. it seems so much more usable and slick, and the chorus/comb filtermaster overdrive/actual sidechaining are going to be ultra useful.

3 Likes

Since there is now selective CTRL all on the DTII, you could load up the same preset on a few tracks and exclude all the other tracks from CTRL all. This way you could change the sound as if it were a single track, at the cost of CTRL all of course. It’s also not as straight forward to program sequences as e.g. polyphonic tracks on the DN, but I guess it’s not too bad of a workaround.

2 Likes

I mean, depends on how tinkery you are, but you now basically have 16 stereo tracks + you have a pool of up to 128 presets where you can store sliced one shots and still use one track to arrange them.