Introducing Digitakt II

agreed.

1 Like

Isnā€™t that the other way around? at least I saw it in thomann.de for 999ā‚¬, and dolars < euros

2 Likes

Looks really nice. Well done Elektron! I suspect Iā€™ll be selling my Octatrack soon.

Looks to be a good incremental upgrade over the original. I will not be selling my Octatrack :wink:

Iā€™m noticing that itā€™s extra ā€˜pageyā€™ now, something I guess youā€™d have to get used to.

2 Likes

Itā€™s up on Sweetwater :slight_smile:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Digitakt2--elektron-digitakt-ii-16-track-stereo-drum-computer-and-sampler

I guess this is going to make the second-hand market full of digitakts?? they are still great machines!
And thomann is not selling them anymoreā€¦ not available. so is it a replacement?

I hope at some point cenk makes music/videos with it

2 Likes

Is the case identical to first Digitakt? Could they sell this as software update to mk1 owners?

1 Like

Ah perform kit is what I dreamed of for so long. If this comes to other boxes without needing a hardware revision Iā€™d be so happy!

3 Likes

I understood that some sort of polyphony is there. At least harmony was mentioned.

1 Like

Imagine you just bought an E25 Digitakt for like $1500 :joy:/:cry:

13 Likes

congrats Elektron, looks like a proper upgrade and the sounds on the stream were really good for stereo outs!

Hey all :heart: I made a comparison between Digitakt and Digitakt II. I also - surprise!!! - show off the Master Overdrive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUDezMwYsK4

116 Likes

Congratulations on your new child Elektron, I look forward to seeing them grow!

3 Likes

Hyped for this one! Anyone managed to get the manual yet? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was hoping for 129 stepsā€¦

36 Likes

Stoked! Just pre-ordered locally :smiley:

You can trigger multiple tracks at once, thatā€™s the polyphony. Itā€™s not the same as being able to play one sound across different notes with a keyboard to make chords, youā€™d have to use a note dispatcher in a MIDI processor to do that, and itā€™s a bit of a shame that Elektron didnā€™t integrate such functionality. I think they could have done so.

8 Likes

ā€žBuilt on a new platformā€ - I guess that means we should not have high hopes for MKI firmware updates. Octartrack, Rhythm and other MKIIā€™s were more or less cosmetical changes. It seems like this is a whole new thing, but in a familiar and tested interface.

2 Likes

Can you use trig modes and retrigger on midi tracks?

6 Likes

Any in current US stock? Iā€™m ready :space_invader: