Introducing Digitakt II

For some reason, when I think about the D2: Judgement Day I imagine it as being bigger than the DTone- which i know is inaccurate :grinning:

2 Likes

Is that pronounced “twockt” or “tookt” ?

1 Like

What is the maximum of bar with time stretch machine, 4 like on digitakt 1 ?

Did not find it in manual

8 will be great with the sequencer extended to 8 bar

1 Like

wait, how could you use velocity or retrig trig modes to affect sample chains differently? are slots a mod destination in the velocity mapping sub-menu?

Surprised no one else has mentioned this lol :wink:

Not sure what he knows exactly, how true this statement is, and if it was, if he would really have the right to say so. Surely he would be under NDA.
So yeah, I would take this with a bit of distance…

3 Likes

Nice Tootsie reference :clap:

1 Like

Looking at the manual there doesn’t seem to be any improvements to song mode so I doubt SPF has been implemented. One can hope though. :slight_smile:

I’ve seen this in France too. It’s crazy.
Now as much as I enjoyed DT1, the DT2 feels a bit different. Still has a similar workflow, but with more dimensions somehow.

DT1 seems a bit barebones now ^^
I can understand the fascination for the simplicity though. It’s still a very focused sampler, and will have its aficionados, I’m sure of this.

1 Like

What’s the intended way to use those wave tables? With the slicing machine and then modulating through the slices or is there another way?

How would this not be planned for Elektron? It makes so much sense in the end. :joy:

1 Like

As I feverishly attempt to keep up with the hot takes and hyperbole regarding this new release, this particular post struck me.

Pardon me for saying so, but your post comes across as a “spec reader” as opposed to a musician. Pardon me for saying so, but as someone who has owned all of the modern Elektron boxes, the QOL and sequencer improvements alone should offer amazing benefits to folks that are comfortable with the Elektron workflow.

3 LFOs x 16 audio tracks? 128 steps with conditional trigs, probability, parameter locks, blah blah blah? If you can’t step into this sandbox and create something compelling, bear in mind ukulele season is on the horizon :wink:

16 Likes

It’s not uncommon Elektron shoots at targets I hadn’t seen.

3 Likes

Very Zen. :smiley::sweat_smile: (But that’s already registered to another company)

Anyway, let’s come back to the subject, I’m derailing a bit…

———
Yesterday night I managed to upgrade the OS to 1.01, and started a new pattern “just to test”. I emerged 2 hours later, hadn’t seen time fly…
This box feels so good!

The tiny details like being able to exclude some tracks from the compression and take /COMP as the source for side chaining, the 5 octaves up, the new conditions, the third lfo, these are already excellent enhancements for the original workflow. Oh, and naming CCs + saving midi confs! This makes so much sense!!!

The new additions put it on another level really.

Such a lovely box.

27 Likes

Congrats, @Elektron!

Only few hours of sales (it was out of stock on Thomann at the end of the launch day) and boom!

7 Likes

That’s awesome and very interesting. Can you say any more about how these two in combination with each other can create hard sync sounds? I don’t see how that is possible.
Seems like the DTII can be a crazy unique synth machine. Like, what happens if you take this same sound and increase loop length? Bonkers?

My Digitakt II is stuck in France because of an ATC strike (as usual) :frowning:

Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner.

30 Likes

have fun!
i need to wait till next week :smiley:

1 Like