Introducing Analog Heat MKII

I have heard through the grapevine that, bizarrely, everyone in Elektron is not actually a developer (and that there’s only so many that can manageably work on fixing tricky code at one time anyway), this may explain why the majority of staff continue to do other things to keep the business running along, just sayin’ :loopy:

14 Likes

USB wise they are the same. There will be new drivers for both the MK1 and MK2 that improves perfomance.

22 Likes

I will never understand these Elektron fans that get so entitled and whiny about every tiny thing elektron does. Obviously they want all their current hardware up to date with the current design langauge and parts… your MK I’s aren’t going to suddenly be bricked once the MK II is out. Do you get pissed about new smart phones getting updated models every year?

3 Likes

Neat!

neat

it’s totally understandable bringing the hardware up to date as they’re doing with the mk2. I don’t get the price hike tho, it’s quite a jump.

2 Likes

Thanks, that just made me feel a whole lot better. OB is a perfect screen for me so I’m good. Not that I wouldn’t love an oled, but retina will do for now :slight_smile:

I can’t wait for this to be available. I love how the input/output metering is constantly viewable now. I had the opportunity to try out the new OTO Boum, and it made me appreciate the Analog Heat even more. The AH is so capable of imparting just the right amount of flavor in all types of subtle ways that is very useful for the master bus imo.

I was even considering a stereo EQ, but realized how effective the one on the AH is, and it is so much more affordable compared to something like a pair of Warm Audio EQP-WA’s. It does so much so well in such a compact package, and now it perfectly matches my Digitone and Digitakt.

3 Likes

it‘s hard for me to find some words!

i‘m happy for every heat user who‘s willing to pay an additinal fee for that upgrade, but what‘s wrong with elektron?

the wording was like 100% focus on OB, means they were lying!

why do i have the feeling they‘re just brave enough for this step because OB will be released very very soon, or far away for holding on HEAT MK2

We‘re doomed to speculations because of zero transperacy and they‘re smashing it‘s community again and again!

unbelievable Elektron :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

You do understand that Elektron is not just 3 people working on one project at a time right? :slight_smile: so no, they were not lying.

7 Likes

100 % focus for the DAW/OB dev team. Hardware guys aren’t just going to twiddle their thumbs…

7 Likes

a bit pessimistic but I suppose you’re right

1 Like
  1. It’s wrong to be upset about this, it’s not really that big a deal.
  2. Elektron screwed up the timing, the positioning. or both, for this announcement,

That’s all.

100% is 100%

means OB first!

and i think this what we deserve after all …

2 Likes

Do you understand the difference between a programmer and a product designer?

5 Likes

Do you understand that releasing new product requires significant investments, which could have been put into hiring few new teams of programmers to tackle the most problematic aspects of OB development?

2 Likes

They probably end up saving money by streamlining production costs I bet.

3 Likes

Actually, it doesn’t work like that. Throwing more programmers at a single project doesn’t necessarily mean it will be done quicker. Quite the contrary in some cases.

And then there’s the obvious bit: releasing new product produces income, hiring more staff is incredibly expensive.

10 Likes

This cosmetic upgrade costs $120 USD more than an Eventide H9 MAX. lol

3 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

i do,

sorry but feels same after that game changing hint you dave …