Introducing Analog Heat MKII

yeah this forum is plenty toxic without me farting in it.
will refrain from it, not that i concede to having dissed anyone.

Ok I understood it as if you weren’t using OB with both, MKI would have more functionalities.

like i said, apparently there is finally a beta out so this paradox would be soon over.
imo the really sad thing is that most of the ire and cynicism here is actually just passion for the product, only inversed because of all the wait. i hope there will be more love on this forum.

5 Likes

Wonder if we will see a Drive update.

1 Like

BIG Question coming in : Why is the MK2 in black and not grey ? all other MK2s are grey. Is that not a line break ?

chaoscartoon

6 Likes

Probably to match the digitakt/tone since its the same size.

2 Likes

I guess it is more economical reason: One size fits all :-), no 2 lines of metal cases for the hardware , but it is not consequent as the Digitone and Digitakt are mk 1s.

I try to explain, it might be not correct.

output lvl difference is 3 db, that means the volume you listen to on the mk1 is twice as loud compared to the mk2 . but the impedance on the mk2 headphone is 1,52 lower, means the signal is 1,52 times less dampend then on the mk2. at the end the lvls are the same (or almost the same) if you have the master volume full up. Knowing your impedance output of the headphone lets determine you which headphones you should use to get th ebest out of them. There are reasons why there are i.e 3 different models of BD DT 770 pro

1 Like

All small boxes are black.
All extra large boxes (A4 and AR MKIIs) are light grey. They aren’t even the same shade of grey as the OT MKII, which is not the same size. So then the question is, which shade of grey would the AH MKII be?
Easiest solution: all small boxes are black.

2 Likes

“The reason for this upgrade is that some of the MkI components reached end of life, so we took the opportunity improve some of the hardware to our new buttons, encoders and screen.”

That was some seriously bad choice on components then. The MK1 is not even two years old…who is to say the same poor choices will not happen again with the MK2? I wouldn’t take Elektron’s word for it that’s for sure.

Anyhow, nothing to lose sleep over, the circuits are the same (for better or for worse…the first 3 could do with less noise, imo). Mine has the burnt edges, hope it does not get worse.

The company has become something of an online laughing stock the last few months and its only getting worse. Loads of dissapointed people that paid a premium, only to receive a product with end of life components, within the first two years!

Mine too and it was by chance I didn’t blow my monitors when I tried using Heat with OB and a really loud noise came out.

I kept it though, need it for the live sets where OB is not used as there is not computer being used anyway.

1 Like

Can we expect the sample rate via Oberbridge to go up to 96kHz for MkI and MkII?
I would really love to see that feature implemented. <3
Will an Analog Heat MkI possibly connect to the computer as an USB 2.0 device in the future?
I own an Analog Heat MkI - just for the records. :slight_smile:

I think we wont get that , my guss its hardwarelimit on the DACs used…

This is one of the things none of the hardware manufacturers can be sure of in these days. Electronic industry is driven by the mobile and computer production with components getting smaller and moving into miniature silicon chips. Because of this trend, standard size components and ‘bigger’ chips are disappearing from the whole sale market and these decisions are made by marketing CEOs in Soul, Shenzhen and Cupertino.

It was kind of weird that Elektron released AH mk1 with LCD screen only few months before releasing Digitakt with oled screen. Surely they knew they were moving to oled screens already when AH mk1 was released.

3 Likes

Elektron clearly not focussing being a trustworthy organisation

Endless bugs and hardware problems when releasing products
Waiting for 3 years for a working overbridge
1,5 y after heat mk1 release they come with mk2

But this heat mk2 looks really good :blush:

its fine to release a new iphone in every 6 months but with Heat upgrading in 2 years its first model, its sticks and stones. Because, you know, reasons.

The IT world gets a free pass for being a d1ck because we have been conditioned to think that what they do is normal, and that we cannot live our lives without IT tech anymore so we just gotta suck it. Such expectations do not exist for non-general purpose devices like music instruments, gladly.

3 Likes

I am not talking about discrete circuits scaling down to SMT technology that drives chips to become smaller and smaller. I am talking about the buttons and screen. That new “crisp LCD screen” was chosen for a machine that was released only two years ago.
Did they know that they will change the screen, from back then and still went ahead?
Or you actually know what else has been changed on the PCB/circuit that involves switching old SMT chips, for newer ones?