Introducing Analog Heat MKII

An example of something taking forever to get a hardware update that is really annoying me is the Apple MacBook Pro. An example of something that gets hardware updates frequently that I would be embarrassed to be upset about is the Apple iPhone

1 Like

donā€™t know if this has been mentioned but it feels like good news for mki users as well; continued updates and replacement parts modernized.

I was waiting for this to buy one actually!

In an ideal world, Iā€™d agree. I live in reality though, and thatā€™s not how thing are, or ever have been, in the software world. Iā€™d be willing to bet that 96% of any software, or hardware device with firmware that you own right now has at least a percentage of features that didnā€™t make it in time for initial release. Iā€™d also be willing to bet that around 50% of those were delayed products by at least some amount from original schedule entirely. Or at least needed updates to fix issues. Maybe even issues your use cases never exposed. In which case you might not know about it, but someone else might. There is nothing certain about software. Itā€™s written by humans. Humans make mistakes from scheduling, to scope of project, to bugs in code. Itā€™s not some malicious attempt to hurt their customerā€™s feelings, itā€™s just the way it is. A good developer will then do his/her best to resolve the situation, and that takesā€¦ TIME. The bigger the project, the more time is required.

1 Like

Well now everyoneā€™s gonna be hanging on the edge of their seats waiting for the much anticipated analog drive mk2. Elektron really know how to give the people exactly what they want

2 Likes

I havenā€™t needed that myself, but I can understand it might be good or useful for some. I use my Heat almost always with stereo inputs, so that really doesnā€™t bother me one way or another. If thatā€™s a lot better for someone on the new one thatā€™s great. The OLED would definitely be nice to have, but for how I use it (almost always with Overbridge) the prior display is fine.

Separate comment/rant/babble after reading so many others:

Maybe itā€™s me getting older or something, I donā€™t knowā€¦ a few years ago Iā€™d have been pretty pissed off and jacked up about something like this where a device was upgraded quickly after I bought one. Now, for whatever reason, it just doesnā€™t bother or matter to me. I bought the Heat for a reason, have been very happy with it and nothing about todayā€™s announcement has changed that.

Like I said, if some feature really motivated me, then Iā€™d sell mine, consider the few hundred I lose in the process the ā€œcost of that featureā€, get the new one and be done with it. If someone else doesnā€™t feel that way, OK, coolā€¦ thatā€™s fine and absolutely wonā€™t impact my life at all. For me, itā€™s just not worth getting worked up about for good or bad.

1 Like

Great, but they would need to replace that horrific Micro-B socket/plug system, that should never have been produced anywhere, on any kit, and stick to the robust USB 3 B type - far superior.

Yes it is thatā€™s very true. It provides you with a lot more routing options.

Chase bliss audio seems to do the mkII thing with their pedals fairly often as well. Itā€™s annoying and they donā€™t even wait 2 years like it seems elektron did with the AH so at least they arenā€™t that bad, guys.

ohhhh this seems nice, i think i see an option to draw the filter?? if so neeeeet, iā€™ve looking into getting an effects pedal for drum sounds.

pffffffffffffffffffffffffff, 've just got version 1, 2 months ago itā€™s still new didnā€™t find time to play with it. my hate to elektron grows everyday. as al the one units soon not get support and updates anymore or overbridge 2
happy i didnā€™t buy digitak as soon there will be a 2 a 3 a 4
sounds like smartphones we need to change them every 2 years.
no thx!

1 Like

High end guitar pedals age a lot better :panda:
Lunchbox 500 idem dito :evil:
No screen, no cry :musical_note:

That new screen adds more warmth to the sound!

But seriously I like that they want to unify the design. Surely new AH+DT+DN will look sexy together.
I wish there was a way to configure screen colour on those units. Analog Heat would look great with red (Iā€™m thinking here something like this red ā€œscreenā€ in NI Replika XT).

I want to say I donā€™t care about this, but the Heat screen is one reason I didnā€™t get one soā€¦ that would be hypocritical of me.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Business practices [compilation topic]

ā€˜Allā€™ except the Analog Keysā€¦ Hmmā€¦

This thread really needs to be kept more on topic, thereā€™s also rather a lot of flags being raised on provocative/off-topic posts - There are a few topics on OB elsewhere and topics where you can theorise on marketing, business culture etc

Hereā€™s a reminder that we have guidelines

https://www.elektronauts.com/guidelines

2 Likes

So now they just purchase a new one yolo

I agree, although weā€™re losing a bit of context when the posts are merged in this way - itā€™s hard to see what has lead to a specific reaction/idea etc, IMO.

1 Like

Looks like a nice upgrade to me - i donā€™t have a Heat Mk I but have often pondered over it. The new screen looks to be a significant advance in terms of information and use-ability.

Makes complete sense that elektron are rationalising their button, knob and display components. Can only be a good thing in terms of allocation of engineering resources and refining their production line.

Smart users (interested primarily in sound and functionality) might wisely be tempted to pick up the now overly discounted Mk 1 machines that do near exactly what the Mk 2s do. Just like OT I vs OT II.

Given the Heat is a machine designed to add grit, old skool and vintage vibe perhaps the Mk 1 is the hipper device to have on the desk, with its more authentic dot matrix screen and quintessential round buttons! :grin:

2 Likes

Got to say, now I have watched some vids and seen this side by side with the newer boxesā€¦ it looks great! Making me side eye the Mk1 on my desk a little.