Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

If you’re smart, the one with the money in their pocket. Just to be clear: the customer. If you do not realise that, you should not be in business.

The shareholders already gave you their money and they are now expecting more money back than they invested and will be eager to provide you with “good advise” on how to maximise your revenue and minimize your costs…
Putting more devices on the market to attract more customers, but don’t invest too much in innovation as that drives up the costs… Just make it look different, like putting old wine in new bags… I really hope they will announce a truely new instrument at NAMM…

1 Like

There’s more :ecstatic: :

Monomachine
SFX-6 2003
SFX-60 2004
SFX-60 mkII 2007
SFX-60+ mkII 2010

Machinedrum
SPS-1 2001
SPS-1UW 2005
SPS-1 mkII 2007
SPS-1UW mkII 2007
SPS-1UW+ mkII 2010

4 Likes

oh, i was very quick to pass iterations on a lot of machine. (kidding for the one who recognize himself, no offense at all)

Main point was mk2’s arrived in 2007 not 2010…
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes and +drive a bit after… yeah yeah i see your point
(MKII was 64 steps against 32)

1 Like

Interesting how long they kept producing mnm and mduw after 2010.

1 Like

sweet, thanks.

I’ve been PM-ing another elektronaut earlier today about exactly the same thoughts as you have on “the new studio/tilted Trinity”! :stuck_out_tongue:

I think a completely new device will be introduced, (roughly) the same form factor as the ARmk2 / A4mk2, and indeed tilted, which functions as an FX box / mixer / live sampler. Hence all the individual outs on the ARmk2 and A4mk2.

To be used both in the live & studio product lines (a tilted mixer in the middle of a DT & OTmk2 looks good, as will it in between an ARmk2 and A4mk2).

Since the ARmk2 sampling-wise will probably be the same as the DT, what’s missing from the OT concept is live sample mangling. The “DigiBlend” :stuck_out_tongue: fills that gap!

3 Likes
2 Likes

What are you talking about?
I just sold my house and all my shares, and bought the remaining A4 mk1’s worldwide.
My wife thinks I’m nuts but she doesn’t write beats.
I’m gunna be rich :money_mouth:

2 Likes

Buy low, sell high.

2 Likes

That’s only one of many other possible answers. I think it’s pretty unlikely that there’s nobody on the software team that can even touch the OS. It’s not written in hieroglyphics …

There’s a multitude of other potential reasons as to why more digital outputs may not have been added. CPU could be maxed out, there might not be any more IO pins available to drive the DAC, etc. But unless the hardware designers tell us, we can’t know.

1 Like

Looks shall change, but functionality and features should stay the same. Better logic?

Yeah I don’t think 2nd hand prices will go crazy or anything.
But Thomann’s current deal of €899 is killer.
I’d highly recommend any prospective buyers jump on it straight away.
Maybe Thomann know something we don’t ???
Perhaps they have been told that this is the last ever run of MK1s ???

Of course it’s the last run of mk1, as mk2 is coming out.

1 Like

no

While that probably is the case. It hasn’t actually been said. Unless I’ve missed something

The best would be if the new box used USB to host all the other boxes, which is how the MX-1 works with AIRA gear so well.

1 Like

This has been already stated about the octatrack mk I. I am pretty sure a similar announcement to the analog mk I’s is just a matter of time.

That is basically what happened here though… Same sh*t, different day.