Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

No, it can not.

1 Like

Correct, it is literally hardwired to the master. But the master has the DAC for overbridge. So no sampling on the machine itself but sorta sampling to your DAW via overbridge

1 Like

I am not pissed and am saving dollars

3 Likes

Look at Roland/Korg/Yamaha --new model every two years and almost non existent software upgrades ā€”please be grateful and support Elektron.

3 Likes

Even if the MKI had sampling, I probably wouldnā€™t use it at this point. Thereā€™s years worth of music making to be had as is.

1 Like

Your first post as a user with an AR 3+ years old, hmm, so basically until now you are not needing or contributing at all to this community, but, when you want to stir it up you drop this utter nonsense and go all in to flame things up ā€¦ as has happened below. Nobody else will put 2+2 together and get the same answer as you on this one, itā€™s that absurd and extreme a proposition, so I donā€™t think this strategy is going to get the desired outcome of some kind of mass revolt. Nor would or should Elektron take note imho .
That only leaves all the noise here to deal with, we (mods) could spend all day dealing with the inevitable reactions a thread/post worded like this will create and I frankly have better things to do than to facilitate that by leaving the thread as is ā€¦ besides, thereā€™s no need for a new thread. You just want the attention of the provocative title, these posts will be moved and I suggest you have a look through the guidelines.

7 Likes

Irrespective of the (original) provocative click-bait thread with an absurd proposition, this is categorically not the way to deal with it

Flag a post that makes you reach for that response or just tone it right down
Guidelines

3 Likes

Getting pissed about a feature no-one knows the details of yetā€¦

2 Likes

1 Like

Agreed - it was getting ridiculous on the Digitrakt threads thatā€™s for sure. I blame Millennialsā€¦!

But, having said that, there are things Elektron could (should?) do to smooth things over. Iā€™ve mentioned before that those who buy into Elektron tend to end up being pretty passionate about the gear they use. This often leads to further Elektron purchases and the general feeling of being a part of a club/community. Thatā€™s highly unusual in the music industry and with gumption, Elektron would realise, accept and leverage this. My own opinion of course, but the ball has been dropped a little of late. Nothing catastrophic though.

Anyway, why not be a little more open and communicate (carefully) with us more? What is the plan? Are these MkIIā€™s studio focussed like some suggest? Can OB model be justified and explained please? etc, etc.

I donā€™t need any Elektron stuff, I donā€™t use it nearly enough, but I like the non musical baggage Elektron brings with it. Would be a shame to squander those vibes.

Very different feature set and filter sound. I own both and find the digitakt a quicker machine to use and more precise sounding whereas the rhythm is more organic sounding but is not as fast to program.

1 Like

it is Art not ā€œbiznessā€, and festivals are social and cultural events and so on. .

Then why did you buy it without the features you wanted that it did not have?

1 Like

My peanut brain just had an idea.
Elektron should upload Cenk videos simultaneously on the day of a new products release.
Seeing our bald messiah tweaking on day one could prevent the proverbial shit fight that generally prevails, resulting in positive vibes and happy thoughts in Elektron land :thinking:

4 Likes

Strong reaction thereā€¦ I wont change your mind but can reference the pastā€¦

Cue back to original machinedrum mk1 getting the uw upgrade, for quite a lot of money, then they come out with the mk2 with extra memory and 64 step patterns. Great. People who wanted to had an upgrade option. I bought a uwmk2 about 3 months before the +drive was announced. Big deal, timing is timing. Win some lose some. Still got that machine 8 yrs later and its not lacking for anything when you consider what people pay for old 808/909 stuff. The analog mk1ā€™s are still worth what we paid for them new in features and built quality. Mine still have 1.5 yrs warranty. Expect them to last the next decade without issue. Who knowsā€¦ The mk2ā€™s might even mean aggressive os upgrades for us?

In australia (and possibly elsewhere) i reckon a second hand mk1 rytm and a digitakt will be a touch cheaper (and more powerful) than a brand new mk2 rytm, and will harmonise visually, so would suggest that upgrade path anyhow.

2 Likes

We all have Income - Spending and try to get Profits or Salary. If youā€™re a company or a personal businessā€¦ (even the state, country push you to make a business model for legit activities) iā€™m sorry to say that but itā€™s bizness. Otherwise you make things underwater, itā€™s not official and at some point The state can ask you for accountsā€¦ and claim things. Freedom has limited capital in the real life, but Artist expression is pure Freedomā€¦ But you can have all the talent in the world that does not mean that you will succeed in what you undertake : i mean Live your art like craftsman (Art, Music, Photography, Sculture, Performance ā€¦)

This does not mean that art and music do not play an important role in our priorities, in our life, take a central place in our heart : in relation to business

Also, today you will not find anyone to take care of this part in your place if you are not already known. I did not say that the world was moving in the right direction. We all have the right to be utopian or naive, I have nothing against it.

NB : of course you can cut the business notion from your art and live in the wild, then i agree. itā€™s ART because You only focus on your art and donā€™t care if itā€™s generate income to live. then i agree.

Do you realise that you TOO have an opportunity to actually buy the Digitakt and add it to your ARmk1? Youā€™d get 8 additional tracks to compose with, you could actually sample into the DT (and in the near future via Transfer app / Overbridge get it out of there and into the ARmk1 if needed as well). And all that for a ā€œcheaper lane priceā€!

Thatā€™ll serve 'em right!

1 Like

Seriously considering jumping on the Thomann stock, says itā€™ll be available again in 2-5 days. Great price for a new A4!

1 Like

Well Thomann are trying get rid of their stock. Which they will. After that happens, and if Elektron cease production of Mk1 then the price will quickly go back up again. Because the only other alternative to a Mk1 will cost almost ā‚¬1500

Nowā€¦ thatā€™s assuming Elektron cease production of Mk1 units

Yeah my A4 was ā‚¬1050 new from Thomann back in 2013

One of the first runs I believe

ā‚¬899 new is an insanely good price