Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

4 Likes

I’m still reading about problems with the AR mk2.
When will it be reliable?
I would like this machine very much for it’s possibilities but without the quirks.

1 Like

I exchanged my first AR2 due to freezing issues. My second AR2 has been running great without any issues (so far - fingers crossed).

3 Likes

im having some freeze issues. how dit they look like and when did they occur with you?

That’s what I read quite a lot.
How can you perform live with a box that might freeze?
What’s triggering it and more than that, is this getting solved?
How can a company still exist with such bad QC and lame feedback?

1 Like

What OS version are you running? Have you booted up into test mode ?

1.40c. not booted in test mode yet. can that help?

Possibly. Run it in test mode and send the results to Elektron via support ticket. They will tell you whether it’s a hardware or software issue. If it’s just software, it might be an easy fix.

Or, if it’s brand new, you could just return it to your dealer and have them get you a new one.

1 Like

I cross fingers in a few days I must receive AR mk2, saw the comments I have a chance on two to have a defective machine … at the price of the beast, it’s amazing … on arrival I have a light a candles and make him a reiki session … Maybe that will help …

On page 12 of the manual, both the “Audio In” and the “Ext In” are described as unbalanced. But on page 70 of the manual, the “Audio In” is described as balanced. Is this a typo on page 12?

EDIT: oops, I mistakenly thought this was the thread for only the RYTM MKII.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out.
The Ext Ins are unbalanced and the Audio Ins are balanced!
I have fixed the discrepancy in the manual and uploaded a new one.
Thanks!

6 Likes

Literally came here just to say how in awe I am by the demo track for the A4 MkII enetitled “Jungle Blaze”. It sounds like a 303! I had no idea the A4 was capable of that. Also everything says the A4 MkII, or Mk1 for that matter, can make great drum sounds. May have to begin the process of lusting after one for months until I finally get one.

you are a genius

1 Like

Wow…total precog!

1 Like

the A4 increased heavily in pricing up to 1599,-€ on Thomann.

this is the highest retail I’ve seen for the A4 so far.

please let the OS updates happen :hot_pepper:🫠

Yeah, just seems to be Thomann though.

Probably just a temporary hike so they can call the regular price a sale price or something.

2 Likes

£178 more than buying direct from Elektron (£1199)
Maybe they’ve jumped the gun on a planned price hike

1 Like

somehow to separate the biggest lineup from the syntakt….there’s either a big OS update coming (hopefully wavefolding, buchla inspired oscillators, graphics and such) or a pendant to the syntakt with FM and A4 voicing called the syntone.

please with some long OS change logs 🫶

Wow. It was only £900 pre pandemic at Andertons. The Rhythm has always been more expensive at around £1100 back then and the Octatrack was £950.

2 Likes

I think we’ll see something like a 2.0 update for the MK2 Units which will then clearly separate this line up upwards…as Elektron concentrates itself more on this “machines” approach with the syntakt for instance.

the actual OS could act as a legacy OS if you’re still exchanging from/to the MK1 Units.

the A4 MK2 for instance, it’s really complex, once you’ve been creative with the settings and such it’s rewarding! coming from Synth tech, Analog signal paths and such it’s obviously that the A4 gives control over the “barebones” of the sound structure, also really good!

but imagine if the current Oscillator Setting is just a “machine”, A4 Classic for instance…

or the filters could be swapped individually as machines, if Elektron would combine the internals via Software in a different manner it would be possible to create Oscillator Cluster settings with triple AM on one Oscillator or Filter Banks in parallel.

I hope they’ve been creative with the UI

4 Likes