Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

Then we get the MK13

5 Likes

Really interested in this, or any other modifications to sound on the Rytm MKII. Not that there is anything wrong with the MKI filters or anything else. But the developments implemented on Heat for example are great, particularly the filter.

I was planing to take mk2 for separate outputs, but it sounds so different to mk1 that i fear my mk1 projects will not translate so well on mk2. It is like totally different machine now.

Anybody know if the inputs, configured as thru machines can have effects assigned to them besides compression?

Elektron hasn’t mentioned anything like this in the list of Mk 2 differences on their website. The dedicated audio inputs for sampling offer some potential capability, but nothing has been promised.

3 Likes

Elektron hasn’t mentioned this in the list of Mk 2 changes on heir website.

2 Likes

How many of you in the US/Canada have the their A4 MKIIs? I preordered mine on B&H as soon as they were announced and I haven’t received mine yet. I’m a bit annoyed as I’ve seen other retailers that have them in stock. ugh.

Got mine almost 2 weeks ago from Perfect Circuit. I don’t do pre orders. There’s always a couple online retailer that have stuff the day of, or shortly after a release. PC is one of them

1 Like

Mine is en route now. I mean its too be expected if you order from a higher volume establishment.

Anyone hear any new time frames/release dates on the AR2?

Thomann have updated their guesstimate from Nov 30th to Nov 10th and they have been rather accurate recently.

1 Like

Today they changed the date to November 30th again…:joy:

How cruel.

Have to reschedule my week off from work… again :slight_smile:

Does anybody know what the difference is between the two sets of inputs? Ext In and Audio in?

the other input works just like on the mk while the ”new” input is for sampling? My guess anyway…

1 Like

Shame there’s no reworking/improvement of the analog circuitry in the AR, have always struggled to get the kind of clarity/definition I can get with other (albeit less functionally versatile) analog drum synths. Always a trade-off I suppose.

Meanwhile Digitakt-style sampling/resampling sounds like a delightful addition.

Just wondering if the Digitakt has more dsp power than the AR MK1? And will that Digitakt dsp power also be available in the AR MK2?

This would be very interesting because the AR MK2 has analog filters/overdrive so no need of dsp power for the digital multi-mode filter/overdrive effect from the Digitakt. Instead of that… can we expect a digital Parametric EQ in the sample engine of the AR MK2? That would be soo useful in layering the sample with analog synthesis.

I’m just dreaming of course :slight_smile:

Apparently Rytm mk2 is released End November… it’s so LONG to wait ! :stuck_out_tongue:
:sweat_smile:
_
_

• :turtle:
1 Like

A number of posts imply that the new AR will have all of the features of the DT except external midi sequencing. Is that speculation or confirmed?