Internet hideouts

Life is a bit scary at the moment.

This forum is great because there isn’t too much heavy stuff (Covid, the environment, corrupt politicians, etc.).

It is nice to escape from the scary stuff for a while.

Does anyone have any recommendations of other websites or forums that are also good for escaping the scary stuff?

Best way to escape scary stuff is to keep away from the internet.
Cease this chance to dedicate yourself to learning an instrument from A to Z, go record some noises in the wild, make music from it…
Yoga is also a good way to meditate and let bad thoughts go away!

12 Likes

Very true. It is also nice to lose some time on websites though.

I am a big fan of mediation. I recently discovered gong meditation, powerful stuff.

Thanks for your answer.

2 Likes

Every Bob Ross episode is on Youtube. Very meditative, and a great escape.

5 Likes

GS
dedicated gear groups on facebook
educational stuff on youtube (e.g. music theory videos)
work well for me.

1 Like

Podcasts. Keeps me away from screens. I like Very Bad Wizards, Radiolab, Philosophize This, Art+Music+Technology, Invisibilia and a bunch of Dutch spoken ones.

Also started on Wind of Change, a journalist looking into the wild claim of an ex-CIA agent that the Scorpion’s hit Wind of Change is actually written by the CIA as a cultural propaganda effort :smile:

3 Likes

Went with my son (almost 4) to Tiergarten park here in Berlin this morning. We played and ran around for about 3 hours. Nature heals.

10 Likes

Yes good podcasts can be suprisingly enriching or amusing or even afirming. The plus for me is you can listen as well as be active mentally (not passive) and avoid having to read if you are tired.

Those are some i don’t know but will checkout.

Another shout for benefits of avoiding too much web or news…and as for politicians they often just make me exceedingly angry which is a waste of energy. Often they don’t deserve the privilage of your time (something just starting to learn)

Everyday since lockdown i have made sure i went for a good walk!

2 Likes

I ve been struggling with post concussion syndrome for over 2 years. My vision is affected and i get terribly fatigued by spending too much screen time (kicks in real quick). Luckily my hearing is not affected. Podcasts are my ideal resting-without-getting-bored solution. Without them i might have gone mad by now :smile:

(Meditation works too!)

2 Likes

Oh man. Sorry to hear that.
I had a concussion last year was out for thee weeks. It was really shitty.

1 Like

Elektron.se

Scnr. :smile:

Honestly, Turn off the Internet and TV at all, for at least next couple of weeks. Don’t Listen to Radio, don’t read newspapers. They all poison us with their agendas, whatever these are. Try to stay in the self middle, and in your strength. Don’t bother with the outside. This is the time of the world transformation. We all are standing at the Border of Something new. Some are scared for several different reasons, some are Not, because they are already on the other Side.

Yes Go out into the Nature. 1h per day. Meditation is great, i prefer Yoga while listening to some of our own Jogging House himself Digitone and Analog Four tracks or Unifono, or Bandcamp Weekly Podcast, or (shameless self Promotion follows) try some of my music on YT.

4 Likes

I would recommend to read or listen to sources of reliable news only, to stay informed and keep away from all the others.

What about making more music? Make video calls to friends? Try to make music over the internet with other musicians?

1 Like