Internal mixing puzzle

I have an internal mixing puzzle and need some fresh ideas:

What i wan’t:

• All inputs mixed together and processed by an FX chain.
  • At least one track as PU machine for looping (source from all inputs, and also send through the FX chain.
  • A Master Track.
  • Several FLEX tracks for live sampling/mangling -> and some also processed by the FX chain (some straight to the master).

My solution so far:

• Track 1 as a THRU listening to all inputs (A+B is connected to CUE out, C+D external synths)
  • Tracks 2 (3 and maybe 4) as NEIGHBOURS for the FX chain.
  • Track 5 as PU (recording from C+D, out to CUE -> A+B).
  • Other tracks as FLEX tracks (recording from C+D, out to CUE -> A+B)
  • Track 8 as MASTER.

In this setup i can connect 2 external mono sources (C+D) and the PU and FLEX tracks are going into the main FX chain via CUE -> A+B.

But… i’d like to use inputs A+B for more external sources. How to route back the PU and FLEX machines to the FX chain of Track 1 (2,3) without the CUE -> A+B route?

(Offcourse i can use an external mixer to mix all the sources before they go to Track 1 (C+D) but i’d like to keep my setup small and portable.)

:control_knobs:

Mmm while i’m thinking about it now, maybe i can do it this way:

• Track 1 THRU listening to all inputs, out to CUE.
  • Tracks 2…4, FLEX & PU’s recording from all inputs, out to CUE.
  • Track 5 FLEX allways recording from CUE (with a record TRIG on step 1) and allways playing back (normal TRIG on step 1 with a tiny microstep)
  • Tracks 6&7 NEIGBOURS
  • Track 8 MASTER
1 Like

Waiting for to listen the result…:wink:

1 Like

Why not a PU instead?

This is just for mixing all inputs together and send the mix to the FX chain (via CUE).

If a PU can do that that to, you’re suggestion will save me a track :slight_smile: not near my OT anymore at the moment but will check this tomorrow!

That’s the idea. With PU you can set AB and CD monitoring levels in REC SETUP 2.

1 Like

Totaly missed the monitor options. Again something new in my OT knowledge pocket!

So it works when the track with PU is active. When not, the monitoring stops :frowning:

Maybe i should stop forcing myself for the quest to the ultimate portable setup and just use a mixer to simplify things… :grin:

Ah yes, this annoyed me when I realized that. You also can send inputs to CUE (Level 100) with CUE + AB/CD, but maybe you’d have a stereo problem.

Didn’t you buy a small one?

TEENAGE PO33

1 Like

Yes i did indeed, but for this too small :grin:

1 Like