Integrating Rytm with VCV Rack

I’m trying to trigger my RYTM Mk2 with vcv rack via midi using a pattern generator such as Mutable Instruments Grids. Does anyone have any experience doing this? Any good starting point would be helpful to point me in the right direction.

I can’t help with the specifics of RYTM or your use case, but you might want to look into the MIDI CC module. With the Digitakt via USB cable, the Digitakt appears as a device in drop down menus of the core MIDI modules. Then if you pull up the MIDI CC module and click on one of the numbers in the grid, it goes to MIDI learn mode, then just turn whatever knob you want on the Digitakt and VCV instantly recognizes it. I assume something similar works with the RYTM. (That said, MIDI CC -> CV might be a separate solution than triggering the sequencer with Grids, I haven’t thought about what that patching might look like)

Do you have a audio / MIDI interface? It should work any way you want it using a MIDI out module in VCV, choosing the port that correlates to your interface and then MiDI out from your interface to MIDI in of your AR (with all the correct settings.) I haven’t done it with the AR but other kit so it should work.

Just an update for anyone wondering: you’ll need to use CV-Gate module to trigger the AR.

Apologies for bringing up an old thread. I am also trying to use an AR with VCV rack. I can get this to work via the CV-Gate module in VCV but just wondering why AR doesn’t respond through the CV-MIDI module (which is more flexible to send other info such as pitch, modulation etc)? Did anyone have any luck using CV-MIDI with an Elektron device?