Instant-ish Pattern Change on OT

I’m experimenting with the Pattern-Length settings on the Octatrack to see if I can play the patterns like notes on a keyboard. It appears that you have to set the PLen to 2/16 on each pattern individually? Does anyone know it one can alter all the patterns like this in one menu?

Also, I’ll definitely experiment with this, but just curious. If the OT is controlling all the patterns for the rest of my Elektron machines, and it’s set to switch patterns before the end of the loop, would that bump the other machines to a different pattern mid-loop too?

Thanks

Check the Arranger, Ryan.

I’ll take a look at it. But will that enable me to improvise instant pattern changes? Per my understanding, the arranger is strickly composed performance

Theres a trick where you can jump in and out…

You cannot set the length of all patterns in one action.

Another way to do something similar to what you want is to activate ‘PLAYS FREE’ in the Pattern Settings menu and setting TRIG MODE to ‘Hold’.

This depends the response of the other instruments to the Program Change message.

Mais, non!

As Rusty points out above, the Arranger is actually a mind-melting mode where you can set any start point and play length of a pattern, jump in and out of the Arranger mode, navigate the rows of the arrangement in a non-linear way, and tweak the pattern number and other parameters for a wild and sonically unpredictable journey.

3 Likes

Mais, non!

As Rusty points out above, the Arranger is actually a mind-melting mode where you can set any start point and play length of a pattern, jump in and out of the Arranger mode, navigate the rows of the arrangement in a non-linear way, and tweak the pattern number and other parameters for a wild and sonically unpredictable journey.[/quote]
:smiley:
Peter now you’re adding to your wise information some elegant poetry !!
Très classe !

Comme toujours!

Thanks y’all! I’ll give al this a look see when I get a chance!