Industrial samples, scrap metal sounds

I never recorded anything in the museums but I certainly spent a lot of time in them!
Trains galore! The L is so cacophonous I feel like you could do an entire album with nothing but samples of it. I’ve been recording that system so long I have some on micro cassette! Haha.
Street corners, abandoned buildings, the downtown library has some amazing reverb.
In the winter everything is very filtered and sounds totally different because of all of the snow.

1 Like

i must have missed the “cheering up” part, what i read was along the lines of “sorry not sorry” “who needs…” “spread your mindset” (implying its narrow) “time’s never an argument” “what it’s ALL about”
which pretty much is the definition of gatekeeping to me.

i did some field recording myself before and as i said, i understand how it can be really rewarding and fun. but that’s your guys opinion. others might have more fun writing music or creatively altering sounds as opposed to recording them. it sounds dismissive to me to imply that this is not possible with professional sample packs. “easy come easy goes” also is an argument that might hold value for whoever posted it, but is pointless to generalize. i use that same berklee library i posted above for 10+ years and it covers all the foley/industrial needs i have, i am really happy about it. and, similar to what i guess @Zeeandthelostboys feels, i rather spend my time creatively processing sounds, or, again, making music. rather than recording & editing something.

you guys should revisit the thought that not everybody has the same goals in using elektron gear. i was gonna write “in making music” but i am aware that a lot of people don’t even really want to make music, rather make noises or just play with the technology without ever really making something. which is totally fine with me.

2 Likes

I can see validity to both sides of this. I enjoy using a Tascam recorder, iPhone or whatever is available to make my amateur field recordings to later manipulate and add character to compositions, but also know that people that make foley or location recordings for a living are able to have far better results that can be more usable.