Is individual Pattern change per Track possible?

Hello,
on my OT definitely not possible (see neighbor subforum and a workaround A way to achieve individual pattern changes for tracks?), maybe the AR MKii can do it: individual pattern change per track?

Thanks for helping!

what do you mean ? the AR only sends a program change message on Pattern Change, how would this relate to tracks, and how could it be per anything, well it’s per pattern change ! This isn’t possible and likely won’t ever be, the AR won’t get program change midi messages , the midi sequencing is super basic

What you are describing (where each instrument/track gets its own pattern, as in Ableton Live) is completely opposite to the design of all the Elektron instruments so far. The workarounds given in the topic you linked to and previously posted in are the best that you can achieve on the existing instruments.

3 Likes

Yes, but please stop posting off-topic and duplicate queries all over the forum

There are a few work arounds to get close

Fills being the obvious one- not on a per track basis- unless you just use it on one track.

The AR, you could switch samples on scenes and that would at least alternate the scene

If you use the mk2 you could internally resample you pattern and switch to that sample- per pattern, you could assign this altered parameter to perf macro- this will take a bit of precision/finesse

You could use the choke groups to provide alternation.

If you’re using unused voices you can mute the playing track sequencer and unmute the unused voice sequence- with midi loop back- and sequence another track from the new track.

The limitations lead to innovation, or at the very least, happy accidents

Similar question, different instrument but different workarounds - thatswhy I opened a new thread afterwards straight in the AR subforum
–> sry n aiai cptn

@Ryan
Thx - I ll get my head around these techniques! (sounds already more Handy then on OT)

2 Likes