Increase +Drive size?

Hi guys,

I had a search, but couldn’t find a similar topic, so apologies if already discussed.

But is it in anyway feasible to increase the + Drive size?

Appreciate if so it would require installing new hardware, but wondered if the software design, and hardware design internally made this a non-starter?

I would love to fill the rytm up with GBs of sample chains, and being able to put a 64gb/128gb drive inside would be amazing.

With Strom, SDS drop and, especially for those (not me) with the mk2s with which you can sample/resample means it can fill up really quickly. I’m having to be really selective over what’s being put on the (+Drive).

Where as having it with a large +Drive full of folders of single cycle waves, chains of tuned samples, chains of drum kits, chains of different drum machines etc…

:heart_eyes:

no can do buddy

2 Likes

Any idea why?

No one has ever tried, but I imagine the +Drive specs are tightly coupled with the firmware code.

2 Likes

The +drive is a chip on the board, not a separate drive with a standard interface. So there is practically no way to replace it.

But even if you could re-engineer the electronics and replace the +drive I’ll doubt the firmware would support different sizes.

1 Like

That’s a shame. Would love to have a big library of samples in the Rytm as samples sound so good through the overdrive and filters!

I’d probably upgrade to a mk2 if it had a bigger +Drive, but no luck.