Inconsistent loop point behaviour?

Hi,
so I’m trying to use my new m:s mainly for granular/glitch type of stuff to start with it, and I am experiencing inconsistent behaviour while autonating the loop functions with plocking and LFO.

First off, are there any “known issues” with misusing loop points? I haven’t even checked if I’m running the latest OS, but things seem wonky…

I’m just trying to start simple, using a oneshot LFO for shorthening the loop until its as short as possible. I have managed to get this working, but the behaviour is not consistent, on certain passes of the pattern the loop point manipulation works, on other passes it doesn’t.

Since its easier to demonstrate it with a pattern, here it is (uses only factory samples so should open)

MS LOOPTEST.syx (18.3 KB)

Any idea why the LFO doesnt affect the loop point on every pattern pass? I made a trigless lock to the end with the ENV shape in hopes of it resetting the LFO, but it doesn’t help.

TIA for any insight!

PS: If I set the LFO to reset and take the other trigless locks away, the LFO performs consistently on every pass of the pattern. So something happens when I add those trigless locks, changing loop start and reversibg playback with the lock, and the result stops being consistent…

EDIT: Strange, I cant seem to reproduce the inconsistent behaviour anymore after making the LFO reset box ticked… My original point might be moot.

You know, nevermind, I’m just going to keep messing with loop points. I’ll chalk up the inconsistencies as quirks of this machine. Accept it for what it is. Make more ambient.

2 Likes