! in the sound pool of the RYTM

So i’ve trying to use this feature of sound locking using the funtion button on a trig plock and turning the Level knob, but no matter what I do, the sound all have the ! next to them and wont work. I’m wondering is this “sound lock” feature only for the synth machines and not samples? The only thread I could find on this says that the ! means that they sound is not compatible with that pad. That isnt really an explanation.

Sound locks are for any sounds in the pool (these may contain samples)

If you try to load a BassDrum Synth sound on any tracks above the bottom row it won’t fly, as explained

So you need to look at what the basis of those sounds are and try them on the appropriate Track(s)

If you are only interested in using sample based sounds then use one of the three machine types which load on all tracks

1 Like

Hi, i m trying to use the soundpool for the first time, what are the machines that can load all samples? I m making a jit with only samples, what is the best machine to jse in each track?
Hiw can i load a sound on a particular trig? It would be nice to make toms fills on only one track, but i can t find a way to plock a sound by trig. I savec all my samoles of the kit in my soundpool

No machine
Noise
Impulse

are the three options for universal application across the 12 tracks, each can hold a sample

2 Likes

Woua what a quick answer!! Thanks again avantronica! And for the sound pool plocking is it possible? Or must i plock my samole slot on each trig?

1 Like

Saving into the sound pool is a topic you can research elsewhere, it should be straightforward

Once a sound is in the Pool there are a maximum of 128 per project

The sound is the key entity here, it’s 1 of 128, and you can either dial one in by holding the trig down in step mode and turning the Level dial

or

whilst in live record mode and when you have the sound browser focussed on the Pool, you can enter valid sounds into the selected track in real time by tapping the selected Pad for current track (same idea as per A4)

a valid sound will be a compatible machine for the selected track, so you cannot load a Bass drum synth sound into any tracks above the bottom row and so on

The three machines highlighted above are perfect candidates for the Pool as they can fly anywhere

I think you can have a sound lock and add a p-lock to it to further progress it, perhaps by changing the sample from the sample pool

a sound in the pool can have a sample tied to it (just as sounds do in the +drive)

2 Likes

Thanks again all is clear now

This tutorial is super boring but helped me a lot