Impossible to use A4 MK2 with Analog Heat in Ableton

No, inside the plugin in you DAW.

In the upright corner you have the three(?) buttons. The left one is where you press. There you can set sync or no sync or tempo or whatever. You want this to be OFF!

If you do this, there will be a tolerable latency instead of the atrocious one. Don’t worry, I believe 50% miss this option

Dude, there is no SYNC option for Analog HEAT.

Still. Analog ins and outs are still way better than the usb audio (that’s not happening, hence the huge delay on OB2, simply not working). Overbridge is excellent as editor and librarian but I believe electron should not go for usb audio streaming, it’s not viable, reliable or able lol.

Oh fuck haha. Is it not on the other button then? The middle one?

Oh sorry, maybe it’s just the other machines then?! I have the dark trinity, plus AH. But I’m at a festival right now haha, can’t look it up!

The way I use it, I do have a latency, a tolerable one though. I have no trouble sending external synths into my soundcard, out of my soundcard, into the AH, and back. This goes smoothly whithout too much of a latency (If i had to guess, around 7-8 ms, and that’s putting my fireface ucx to shame :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you mixed it up with this, which is for machines only using sequencer:

There is NO OPTION to turn off SYNC for HEAT when using Overbridge. It defaults to this state as soon as you insert Overbridge VST.

1 Like

@grit909 how about this ? :arrow_heading_up:

This is correct

And to use it as any different fx pedal?
Sadly my outputs are ocupied by couple of Eventide and Strymon pedals. And again I’ve should have bought cheaper Analog Drive then.

As it stands now, for me to use my A4 mk2 at this moment I need to be understanding to Elektron and give up on idea of Overbridge for now AND ALSO cripple the capabilities of yet another of their products to have any kind of functionality and worth out of 1500E synth.

Again, I would be better off with any different combination of instruments than pure Elektron setup.

Well, any pedal that is capable of full stereo operation, sure. (Drive is mono, and has less of some other features, besides OB)

I’m impressed at how the mods got rid of the perpetual “status on overbridge” thread- First, they closed the original thread when the latest update came out to drive comments into a new thread, then waited until someone mentioned “Analog Heat” in passing in order to merge that thread into this thread with a completely different thread title- Voila, pesky thread problem solved!

(I’m fine with that, just enjoyed watching the mod magic happen LOL)

I think now Ob, heat an Ableton work well together.
I dont use Ob, i do use Ableton, heat and a4mk2
Heat = soundcard
A4 comes in as external in heat
A4 is master over Ableton and heat
I make loops, sometimes it is just one instrument, like kick or synth lead.
I play with then while recording. Loops and recordings are worked out in Ableton.

Still work in progress, but slowly i like this workflow,