Impossible to use A4 MK2 with Analog Heat in Ableton

Gotcha… Well, if I can think of anything else, I will surely let you know.

Edit: How are you syncing the A4 with Ableton?

Yeah, I apologize, I guess I mis-understood. I guess I still misunderstand.

I thought you were using AH as a soundcard with OB & just running the A4 thru AH into Ableton.

Are you saying you want to run A4 thru a separate soundcard/audio interface into Ableton & use Analog Heat with OB with Ableton?

The threads I put up were to help with OB latency inside Ableton. It’s a start. Like you said the latency is so bad once you get Analog Heat & OB in the mix… unless I’m misunderstanding that as well…

Good luck!

Edit - Holy shit, our initials spell gas! That’s awesome! (on forum page, lookin at the thread title, under users)

3 Likes

More GAS is the last thing I need!

Fine!
I changed it to sas :sunglasses:

Edit…nevermind, it didn’t work…still gas…it doesn’t want to let us go!

Tried both trough USB and MIDI - same result. Also tried using audio channel to stream A4 and also MIDI channel with External Instrument - same result.

As soon as I insert Analog HEAT into my project, the latency becomes so bad it’s impossible to fix it.

At this point I cant use A4 mk2 in my setup in any way! No Overbridge and using analog outs is a NO-GO because of the latency introduced by HEAT. What should I do with this unusable piece of kit now?

Looking for advice!

Unfortunately, it appears you will have to wait for the Overbridge update, as you’ve exhausted all possible workarounds, aside from using a dedicated, low latency audio interface (Clarett, UAD, etc) and using audio jacks only without Overbridge. But you probably aren’t willing to buy more equipment, and that is understandable.

Until that update comes, it is like you said:

Hey Adam, thanks for the help.
Thing is, I own Clarett soundcard and still it’s impossible to dial in proper delay/latency with Heat on.

Surely there has to be a way to treat me right as a customer from Elektron side and for them to offer some kind of solution because this is then nothing more than a scam and customers should be protected and dealt with in proper manner.

This thing cannot be integrated with their own software and instrument, let alone with the whole DAW.

Have you tried using heat without OB on?

A4 into Heat, into Clarett. Analog jacks only. No OB. Should be able to get around 6ms latency this way.

Or are you wanting to use Heat on something other than the A4?

This is something that so many people miss (me to at first) Overbridge in sync mode is not possible to do. You need to plug in via analog cables, and if you’re using overbridge you NEED to turn sync OFF in settings in order to have latency issues fixed. By doing this it works just fine, and you can draw automation, do library things, and edit your kit as you see fit. Just don’t sync tempo via overbridge and you’ll be fine.

EDIT: It’s possible of course but the latency renders it near useless

Yes of course! I already have existing projects with HEAT on different channels. I didn’t bought it to process only A4.

Wait, sync OFF for Analog HEAT?

It may be best to render the audio on the chanels with Heat on in those projects so that you can move on and operate at your desired latencies.

Thanks for continues help, but that’s not an option because I’m using it mainly for Drum Busses or on Main Channel. And also by going that route I should have bought Analog Drive not HEAT.

I mean, this thing is turning into a nightmare. I would have been better off with any different combination of devices than a sole Elektron setup!

Instead of:
Fully integrate with your DAW” on the back of the MK2 box, it should say: “It will not work with other Elektron products

or

Instead “Overbridge Enabled” it should say “Will not work with Overbridge

How bizarre is this?

Yes sync off, you don’t need the tempo anyways for the Analog Heat. Off topic: USB MIDI is till shit, the only midi that works reliably is regular midi! :))))

Wait a minute, where is the sync option for Analog Heat in Overbridge vst???

Or you mean this, the SYNC settings on the HEAT itself, which are off for every option.

No, inside the plugin in you DAW.

In the upright corner you have the three(?) buttons. The left one is where you press. There you can set sync or no sync or tempo or whatever. You want this to be OFF!

If you do this, there will be a tolerable latency instead of the atrocious one. Don’t worry, I believe 50% miss this option

Dude, there is no SYNC option for Analog HEAT.

Still. Analog ins and outs are still way better than the usb audio (that’s not happening, hence the huge delay on OB2, simply not working). Overbridge is excellent as editor and librarian but I believe electron should not go for usb audio streaming, it’s not viable, reliable or able lol.

Oh fuck haha. Is it not on the other button then? The middle one?