I'm trying out a new sound, feedback is very welcome and appreciated

I agree with this comment on The Grands. I like the bubbling drums and bass but then the lead comes through too sharp and clear for my taste. Like the vibe a lot though. Keep on working this strand!

Oh and “the right side of sloppiness” is a great musical philosophy :smiley:

Nice but short :slight_smile: Leaves me wondering what turns it could have taken. Sound wise piano is really upfront and beat very recessed. Is that intentional?

Nice and weird. The 2nd track makes me dance.

I can imagine Fourtet or A.Weatherall playing it.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the comments, yep, it would seem the lead on the first track is just too much. It’s already gone now from the updated version. Very good point.

Yeah, the key lead on the Tempest track is intentional for sure. I did scale it back to try out how that felt, but it kind of disappeared. I think perhaps the sound itself is too distinct, which is why I’m considering going for a more acoustic sound, piano or strings or something along those lines.

You more or less described me there :slight_smile: I’m hoping these tunes will be infectious enough to get people moving, and yet maintain some kind of thread when it comes to harmonics. Thank you for listening and for offering your thoughts.

And another one - all Moog on the synths, the beats are versions of what you’ve already heard. As the one before, this one’s quite abrupt in start and ending. There’s a reason for that, which is just easier to show than tell, and I’ll get to that in time. But I’m greatly inspired by Dilla’s way of just cutting from one beat to another, maintain the same pulse all over as well as staying in the same soundscape, but shifting between tracks quite sudden, not rarely staying below two minutes per session.

Daft Punk did a few of those things in their earlier days as well, and if we really wanna backtrack, there’s of course Mike Oldfield and his first albums.

Anyway:

2 Likes

nice!
very interesting

1 Like

Thank you😊

1 Like