I'm starting a label/compilation thing

After a joke was misconstrued as serious(because I’m not funny, apparently) I’m attempting to start a label or at the very least a compilation project called “Pretense Releases”(or something like “<-Tense Releases”. I haven’t decided on the branding)
ANYWAY! I need tracks to put all this stuff together. So if you have any tracks that the concept of a “normal person” just “wouldn’t get” and would like to be a part of this compilation then message me with your track or a link to your track where I can listen and download it. From there I’ll work on getting this thing put together and released.

Thank you!

9 Likes

nnice one! :relaxed:
any ‘restrictions’ genre/time-wise? will you (or someone else) be mastering the tracks? as i think it would be needed for me at least :grin:

I’ll pay someone to master it. Thanks!

I’m going to say I’ll take tracks up until July 1st

Any genre is fine. Just as long as it doesn’t have/ has very little pop appeal.

This is a really cool idea. I’ve been engineering and producing music professionally on and off for the past 10 years and would love to help however I can.

1 Like

Good luck with the label! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like initiatives like this. :slight_smile: I’m playing with the idea to start a label myself.
You have some more information regarding the direction you wanna go into? Maybe I have some tracks for you but there 's gotta be a “match” before I send them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right now, the direction is one that won’t make any money :smiley:

So, if you have any tracks that are in no way marketable–those would be the tracks

7 Likes

Gotchu covered m8

:nosey:

for real though: brilliant idea Ryan. Gonna go through my stuff and see if I can muster anything subversive of some sort :evil:

1 Like

I look forward to it!

Great idea! Sounds like the kind of music I’m working on at the moment.

1 Like

Yep, as soon as I posted this I thought of your music. I mean that as a compliment :smiley:

The stuff you’re making is an ideal of an uncommon desire, and I think it’s great!

1 Like

…just re-read my post and mmm…i’m not sure it sounds ‘right’…what i meant with: ‘as i think it would be needed for me at least’ is that i’m sure my track(s) will need to be properly ‘treated’ as i’m no pro, so someone with more experience/knowledge in that field would indeed be needed to fix/cover/improve :grin:

1 Like

Would you be interested in weirdo sound scapes with little conventional “structure”

2 Likes

I’d love to hear it!

Message sent! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Check my profile music. 1 track I have up is called BobGuruinM.I.A It’s pretty out there and wierdo! I can cook up something fresh for your project.

Perfect! I’ve added you and your track to my spreadsheet!

1 Like

Thanks man! I’m recording some new stuff ATM so will send something your way for consideration

1 Like

Splendid! I look forward to it!

Sent one too

1 Like