IKEA Jerker & other IKEA stuff

Really cool what that dude did with the PAX wardrobe! I don’t think having a drawer should be underestimated, as it can act as a desk allowing you do sit sometimes and compose.

Also it removes some of the dust issues as the open shelve you’ve considered is quite open, but the upside is you can paint the wood in a nice color as well to make it look more personal and solid.

True that. But as I like to sit on the floor If not standing, I could also build a little working space in the bottom drawer. To be tested and adjusted as I go probably.

A paint job was on the list for sure!

My wife suggested a form of curtains for the open spaces. I have not replied yet.

Hehe. Tactful.

It sounds like a nice idea you’ve got and I think it’s clever to use space vertically as in yours and the PAX wardrobe examples.

I’ve just received a custom built cupboard for my gear, which also contains a turntables and record storage. Will share some pics this weekend, as I just started installing the kit (just moved flat too)! It’s nice to have something for one’s gear which is organized but also allows you to keep the rest of the flat / house clear of the “cable mess” that usually occurs. Even if it sounds shallow, an eyesore of a mess kind of kills my buzz when making music. Nice to have stuff organized in one smart solution. Go for it mate and make sure to share some photos!