If you should swap your elektron machines....?

question … for example would you exchange your digitakt and the digitone with an Analog Rhytm … or the opposite ??

What’s this?

sorry … translator’s fault :frowning: i meant the digitone

1 Like

Thinking about swapping my Analog Rytm MKI with a Digitakt. I like sampling ability, no way I get an AR MKII.

Had a DN recently, I like the form factor which suits perfectly OT. I’d Pair DT with A4.
Like DT samples through A4 analog circuits > sampling in DT.:slightly_smiling_face:
(seems even more obvious writing this)

I have to give a chance to AR before, with A4 control with Perf knob as do @nionmu :wink:

3 Likes

the answer to this question is very subjective. do you own dt and dn combo? what are you hoping to gain, when changing the boxes?

do you want to use only one machine? rytm would be good for that…

for me, using the a4 and ar mk1 together is the perfect balance between complicated and deep possibilities…

i once had dn and dt mixed with ar and a4 and the different kit structures of digi and analog were annoying

1 Like

yes, do it…

this is still really cool and fun…

1 Like

I will probably still enjoy my 2 jewels for a long time … they are two machines, which in my opinion start to fully exploit their potential after a long time

1 Like

This?
s-l640

2 Likes

I only have one Elektron box so this means I’d have to swap my Octatrack for something.
Which is impossible :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

You can swap from MKII to MKI. :content:
149af95c0a2f1a66f4bc73960b9897cb965241a1_1_372x500
Clint did it. Morgan was dubitative.

2 Likes

Never, mk1 since the start :smiley:
Clint b2b Morgan would rock tho

1 Like

hahaahha…what is this??:rofl:

1 Like

I dunno, I have the OT, MDUW, A4mk2, and DN. I think I have exactly the ones I really want.

At first I thought about swapping the A4 for a RYTM and I’m glad I didn’t, and even the DN at first I was unimpressed with until I dug in a little deeper.

Cycles looks like it would be fun, but I don’t know that I’m really missing out with everything else I have.

1 Like

:laughing:

1 Like

This? Available in Poland, hurry up!

That’s what’s also really great with the Digitakt. I liked it better than the AR. Super nice interface.

I must be one of the few who found the DT too cramped, I was concerned the DN would feel the same, but I think because it has dedicated track buttons makes the difference. The mutes, trigs, track activity LEDs on DT were a major reason why I never took to it. The ARmkII is much nicer to use for me, even though I still think it is a tad large, but I don’t think all the controls would have fitted in a OT sized box.

Yes the mute states on the DT can be confusing. I just liked the selection of functionality put inside the DT. A bit like a best of Elektron sampler functions… And it sounds punchy
OT arranger is missing on all other elektrons unfortunately :slight_smile:

To OP. As mentioned, depends on what you expect from your machines. They are all different, so impossible to answer your question without knowing your needs