If you had to choose one Synth and one FX box(pedal)

To apply the notion of reduction also to the production method, I‘d go with a Korg Volca Sample and a Korg Monotron Delay - ideally with a mod on the filter resonance. Simple setups make the greatest simple compositons!
Otherwise the Digitakt and the Monotron if I want to make more elaborate, premeditated (?) stuff.

1 Like

Monomachine + Octatrack :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d get an Octatrack + BigSky. Not really a synth but If I had to, had to, had to, RYTM + BigSky.

1 Like

Waldorf MWXT
Ciat-Lonbarde Cocoquantus

Crunchy wavetables with crunchy Delay/looper for that extra crunch.

4 Likes

Digitone (I just got mine a few days ago and I’m in love with it, especially as it can do everything from simple to complex, plus drum synthesis too)

Strymon TimeLine (not only is it the best delay on the market, it has a brilliant looper and everything can be automated/modulated by feeding it Midi from the DN – perfect combo!)

3 Likes

Digitone, it is one of most versatile and wonderful sounding pieces of gear I have owned. I can also do entire live dance sets with just that synth/sequencer.

Not much of one for effect pedals, but if I had to pick something that was extremely flexible and somewhat future-proof, it would probably be the Empress Zoia.

3 Likes

Erica Synths Black System 2
Octatrack mk 2

4 Likes

My current one synth is the montage- don’t even need an fx box but the ot would be pretty rad.

But stuff carrying that 8 miles up a mountain. I’d rather an OP1 for that scenario. Maybe pair it with an sp404 - i do love them roland fx

2 Likes

A laptop and a Fender deluxe reverb amp. (it has foot switchable reverb and tremolo)

1 Like

Synth : OT
Fx : OT
:pl:

18 Likes

I’ve spent hours of fun with just a Chimera BC-8 and a Monotron Delay ; but as I’m currently gettng a lot of interesting sounds out of a Volca Modular through a Bastl Thyme, I’d go for that this week, especially as they can both be sequenced (or not) and sync’d together (or not) via clock, and the Thyme can double up as a Karplus-Strong synth voice (if there was any way of playing it via external MIDI…).

Edit: next week it would probably be an Analog 4 + Thyme though.

2 Likes

This is just the best way ever to phrase this type of situation

1 Like

at the minute, from the stuff I own, the two you’d have to fight me to the death to take away would be the Moog Grandmother & the Chass Bliss Mood pedal. Theoretically speaking I could just keep making album after album with these two pieces.

4 Likes

Trekking it up a mountain?! In that case, Juno 60 and Korg Stage Echo :joy: If you get those up there, still working, you’ll really value them!

4 Likes

Rytm MKII and KP3+
This is close to my current setup (MKI and non+), and the ability to tempo sync the effects and sample into the KP and back to the Rytm would provide endless possibilities.

1 Like

Mpnomachkine and any 80s boss delay unit

1 Like

Of the stuff i own: Digitone + El Capistan

3 Likes

Casio VL-1
Eventide H9000

1 Like

Hike 8 miles and months of lonely living? OP-Z and rumble back it is.

1 Like

I have one! Best synth ever!
I can exchange it for an H9000. Interested ?