If I were to get ONE thing on all Elektron devices

Was jamming with a friend last night and decided to make a post about this.

I would very much like a “performance mode” or somesuch for the knobs that would turn off the acceleration curve and make all the knobs work like the legacy devices. As it is, “accurate” is not what I would call the knobs on my Digitakt. “Detailed” yes, the fine adjustment is very fine. But during a performance, there’s virtually no way to know where a parameter will end up as it depends on how fast you’ve been turning it. It’s also very difficult to do fast oscillations (and in my experience, totally impossible on the Digitone) and even then you are limited as if you go too fast you’ll just end up with a subtle wobble.

So yeah, a way to just have a linear 1-1 response where a full turn = the full value range of the parameters (or close enough), and ideally it would be a button hold but we’re low on free buttons so my suggestion would be that Elektron make it an alternate mode for the FUNC button enabled in the project settings.

I feel like we need this in order to use Elektron gear to their full potential as instruments.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Feature Request for all Elektron Machines

mug holder