IDM / Ambient Techno made on your Elektron gear

It was the usual combination of the dark trinity and a Modular Rack full of goodies.

Modular rack is built, owned and operated by nikikidder. It is actually the top two rows of this modulargrid rack: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/499605

Recording was done through a MOTU-Soundcard, utilizing some of their internal compressors layered upon each other.

Fancy visuals. Sounds good as well, very interesting sound selection and nice melody.

1 Like

here we go…

4 Likes

a small video teaser of my live ambient Tecno Project

6 Likes

Made on the Digitone, except the sample of the child talking.
https://soundcloud.com/nilsec/nov-26-2016

4 Likes

Feelin’ this, lush yet subtle.

3 Likes

Robertt.bandcamp.com is all my stuff including 8 live gigs all A4 and some with A4 and OT and MD

Currently working on my next project, so it’s been awhile since I posted anything. This is just a quick jam I did today with my Digitone, Machinedrum, and some Access Virus C towards the end. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Did this a while ago. Mostly A4, TAL UNO and microbrute.

7 Likes

thanks mate im glad you do.

I used cactus here to make the main pad…and a few elektron boxes…
hope you like it
peace

5 Likes

This is beautiful. Reminds me a bit of a track I made earlier this year. Also very ambiented.
It’s this here:

Have a pleasent time!

4 Likes

I’m on Spotify as well if that more everyone’s speed.

But I make IDM and Braindance type stuff and Elektron gear is a huge part of my sound specifically the Digitone and the Analog Rytm.

4 Likes

This is great! I’ve always loved this type of music. Grew up on IDM.

1 Like

Currently I’m releasing demos of tracks and sketch of music that I’m the process of composing/recording for a more traditional e.p, Idm, techno and general electronica using modular/A4/Rytm all on Instagram. Often live and improvised. It’s a new way of preparing and releasing small pieces of music/video that I’m trying out. Would love some elektronaughts to follow and give feedback, will of course follow back. vacant_houses on insta! I’ve not uploaded anything complete enough to feel comfortable releasing on bandcamp yet as I’ve come back to music after bit of a break due to…some bad life choices…Having been in a couple of signed bands, and previous solo projects, I’ve finally gotten to a place of wanting to start from scratch and make new music.

2 Likes

Let’s see what you have got!

1 Like

heres my first live set its ambient techno

3 Likes
  1. I didn’t make these mixes nor am I affiliated with who made these mixes.
  2. I’m not featured in these mixes.
  3. This is a bit of a “Who’s who” of the underground braindance/idm scene on Soundcloud. So many talented musicians.
  4. Elektron boxes are a favorite among these artists.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Gear/machines: Dark Trinity, Analog Heat, TB3, Xone 42 mixer, guitar pedals

6 Likes

Nice. What did you use for the bell-like sounds at the beginning of the first track? Sounds FM-ish, but perhaps they’re samples?

2 Likes