Ideas for Elektron Sequencer

No that’s pre.
Neighbor is t1-2 2-3 3-4 etc.

2 Likes

no its not.
pre is regarding the previous trig. neighbour is regarding the next trig.

5 Likes

my mistake. that’s pretty cool, I didn’t know that.
I love them to flesh out the idea, like stackable opz step component vibe stuff, all with intertrack ability n direction / tempo conditions.

3 Likes

All good I thought I was going crazy :joy:

2 Likes

and I cant believe I never knew that. wtf? :joy:

Cool thread!

Maybe something like this has been suggested before but i’ve not seen it so here goes…

I’ve been mulling over a possible feature that could deal with the seq’s current lack of multiple choices per step, one that would work on a ‘round-robin’ basis. It would consist of two parts: a new page that works as a clipboard of sorts (the ‘Round Robin’ page) and a new Trig condition (‘RR’) which references Round Robin page’s sounds.

Hopefully the image makes the idea a little clearer…

I’m sure i’ve missed some glaring pitfalls here, but on the surface i think this could work :loopy:

7 Likes

Just to clarify, would this be 16 “options” per trig? Or 16 per track that each trig has access to?
Also you mention trig+yes, but since we are dreaming here -make it yes + trig so we can hold yes and “play” the trigs hehehehe

1 Like

Per track length until reset,
you can set the master length or change length…

Master length per track so track 1 resets after 32
Track 2 resets after 64 etc…
They can only reset at the same division as is

1 Like

Loving this! In fact, this could be used for a Random note mode too. So, enter a chord (just like we already do for up to 4 notes on the DT’s midi tracks or up to 8 notes on the DN’s audio/midi tracks) per step, then set that to the ‘RN’ (or whatever they want to call it) trig condition and one of those notes is chosen at random each time the sequencer passes. In this way, only certain steps have random note options, while the rest of the sequence is repeated to provide a bit more structure.

1 Like

If there are 16 different trigs on the Round Robin page, and only 1 ‘RR’ TRC in the sequence, then yes - there will be 16 options per trig that will cycle.

Admittedly I wasnt thinking along those lines (randomly chosen notes within a single step) but yea that would be cool too! I was trying to limit the scope of the idea a little, keeping it to the cyclic ‘round robin’ format to limit the chance of getting bamboozled by options, but if we’re dreaming big here… :muscle:

3 Likes

Note ties would make setting note lengths easier

not that it would ever be adopted but I think the volca nubass’ random octave / accent / slide buttons should be part of every sequencer on the planet :earth_asia:

would love negative 8:8 etc with the line above to have the trig not play on the 8:8

I often would like to have a break at the end of 256 steps instead of extra notes
but its not possible without using 1/2 scale which lowers resolution or using up fills
that would rather use for adding variation in other ways

5 Likes

I’d love to see ways to loop subsections of the sequencer, sort of similar to Kria and MLR in the monome ecosystem. It would need some key combo but basically you’d hold trig 1 and then press trig 4 which would loop the first four steps in a forward direction. This you can already do by setting a shorter track length.

But what if I want to loop a middle section of the sequence? What would be great is holding trig 5 and then pressing trig 8. Likewise if I wanted to loop these four trigs in reverse I would hold trig 8 and then press trig 5. This would create a much more fluid and malleable sequencer and make it far easier to improvise and create variations to keep it fresh. Currently the sequencer’s static start points, end points, lengths, and direction make it far more reliant on pre-programming sequences rather than making them on the fly.

7 Likes

yes yes yes

It would be great be if you could p lock from midi.

IE if I held a trig then send a paramter CC, the corresponding knob wud engage plock for that step.

This would allow for some cool recording of midi lfos being translated to actual plocks etc!

You can already send notes on the auto channel, what about CCs!?

I would love a way to interpolate locks between two values across multiple steps, like in trackers.

The Analogs and OT have slide trigs for this :slight_smile:

3 Likes