I would sell 75% of my gear if I knew it was readily available

It’ll sure make it better for selling on local Craigslist!

2 Likes

seriously. might have to start getting creative. trading NFT’s for synths and shit.

1 Like

GAS for instruments + finding greater fools for speculative instruments, a match made in hell

2 Likes

when you have less things to care for, you have less things to be responsible for.
less is more. the less you have…the less you have to worry about, which free’s up ones mind.
-which may or may not translate to better music haha.

just some monk minimalist ways that might benefit here.

3 Likes

I’ve been contemplating selling my MD for years, but the resale value seems to just keep going up every year.

I haven’t used it in a track in probably 3 years, but I still don’t want to sell it lol

2 Likes

I feel like it’s going to start coming down, again. Reverb has so many at insane prices. No one is gonna buy that sh%t at those prices at this point.

1 Like

…i’m not aware and part of all this that much…

only piece of gear i can remember purchasing it 2nd hand, was a moog prodigy in the 80ies…
and i never trade on the usual suspects like reverb or even ugly ebay…
it’s always private or at least half private via a forum…logicuser or HERE…

so once in while i sell some stuff i don’t use anymore and what can i say…i always sell cheaper than the average price that’s out there to find, only to finance other brand new gear again…and mainly for cleaning out my sonic closet and to make somebody else happy who’s actually using my old stuff again…

but for me, this is no hobby…studio and music gear are simply my daily working tools…
therefor buying stuff new is always essential, happens always for dedicated purpose of next need and use plans…and is never some kind of hording or resale brainfuckery…

while no big wonder, 2nd hand prices are low these days, since the pandemic pushed overall sales of music euqipment quite a lot…and we’ll soon see the other side of that coin, where many companies will start to struggle selling their products further on that easily as they did in the last two years…
especially those brands that have all kind of podcast equipment in their catalogues had a great run… :wink:

but now, live business is about to get back on track…so all brands that got nothing to offer for dedicated stage needs, will face hard times for at least next two years…

can’t speak for 2023…but for 2022, i’m all fine exept of 3 more little investments…vcv2 in the plugin pro version, another next upgrade plan for bitwig in august and maybe another wireless mic setup…

aaaaaaaand mayyyyybeeeeeeeee a syntakt…not that much for a real need of it…but for curiosity and beeing loyal to swedish hardware… :wink:

Just recently I purchased a used MD UW MK1 for $800 and I’m completely happy with it.

There’s no way in **** I’d pay $1,500.00 for one - even if it’s a MKII +, but that’s just me.

It’s odd seeing people LIST them on Reverb, even on CL, for $2,500.00 + … jeez.

1 Like

well it depends which particular model is being sold. when they were new, prices went MD < UW < UW+ so that trend still stands. and of course mk1 < mk2 since mk2 has some features mk1 doesn’t. but yeah seems now they’re about $1k more than they were new. I don’t see that improving either.

Yeah $800 seems more reasonable lol

What’s really crazy are the monomachines on reverb listed for $3k+

1 Like

Yeah, I think Reverb’s price tracker focuses on asking versus accepted offers so that’s going all pear-shaped and ungrounded from what’s actually changing hands.

I’m going back and fourth with a seller trying to get them to trade their MnM for my analog gear.

They’re 100% not using it and fully committed to sell; but at a profit.

After giving it some thought, I’m just trying to experience the mono and move on.

There are only a few things I’d actually hold on to for their usefulness… the OT MKII being one of them.

If you are talking about the Reverb Price Guide, they show Sold Price, in their Transaction History. You need to log in to see that.

1 Like

Yeah, they’ve got zilch there for machinedrum, and only one config of monomachine.

This is in the USA :

Elektron Monomachine SFX-60 + MKII 2010s Silver

Date Condition Sold Price
1/23/2022 Good $1,899.73
1/23/2022 Mint $3,539.87
1/21/2022 Mint $2,949.89
1/20/2022 Excellent $4,129.85
1/19/2022 Excellent $3,538.69
1/10/2022 Excellent $2,808.30
1/8/2022 Excellent $2,952.01
1/2/2022 Very Good $2,713.90
12/14/2021 Excellent $2,442.95
12/11/2021 Excellent $3,503.29

Prices exclude shipping and tax/VAT/GST.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I found but they have not scraped MKI and MKII non+

Whatever analytics interns they’ve got probably have better results running reports with products that have more sales per month :slight_smile: