I was gonna sell it...then I didn't....thankfully

Isn’t it kind of amazing how the MV still stands on its own after all this time? Every time I come back to it’s like visiting with an old friend.

1 Like

Keystep 37. I bought it when it first came out because I just wanted a good MIDI keyboard and it was bigger than the OG, but I pretty quickly just wound up using the Digitakt and so it just sort of sat there for a while. I literally had it boxed up and I think the only reason I kept it was that I didn’t want to bother with unregistering it. For whatever reason I decided I want to try some of those generative features everyone was so jazzed about. Flash forward to me figuring out how to use the note in and transpose channels and getting acquainted with the random pattern setting on the arp. It turned out that it was just what I needed to help me along with my little sample creation time.

2 Likes

I can relate to this right now. I’ve been struggling to fit Deluge in my setup recently and its in NZ for repair. That combination has got me thinking of alternatives, but I keep coming up blank.

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile: helps to know others feel that too. Next step is to try to put it in a very focused position- I’m going to use it for sequencing and also try it as an audio effect unit.

1 Like

My MFB Dominion Club has been sat in the cupboard for a few months and it was looking like it was going up for sale (probably to fund a new Digitakt) .
Well, I pulled it out for some photos and long story short, it’s going nowhere!
I’ve been playing with just this and a Digitone all weekend and I’ve been reminded that it is actually pretty fucking great.
2 analog oscs with 2 subs, a weird dirty fm osc with bit reduction, 3 lfos and a lovely state variable filter. Oh, and fast envelopes and the filter envelope can modulate all sorts of other stuff.
And the display says POO when you switch it on. I’ll try to remember to read this if I ever think about selling it again.

“POO” heehee

6 Likes

Sample into BB what you can do without performance needs I guess? Or if you mean long samples in general I guess the BB could still be a great companion to the AR.

As for this thread, the OT. To be fair if I didn’t have the BB (blackbox) to sample it with I would probably lose my mind but the OT is something else. I had some huge regret with it initially…

1 Like

Well, I’ve found a way that works for me. Since the AR can handle long samples, just not record them, that’s my workaround. I use the Blackbox to set the samples up and then transfer them into the Rytm. Most of the time, I won’t be needing samples of this length so while it’s a bit clunky, it’s worth it when the situation calls for it.

2 Likes

MPC 2500. REALLY thankful I didn’t…

3 Likes

My current set of gear. I’m on my 2nd Moog Sub Phatty, 2nd Arturia Minibrute, and in order to curb my habit of swapping things out I just deface them in order to ensure I’ll have to do something to make them sell-able. As much as I’ve had my moments with the Octatrack mk2, missing the Digitakt, it’s not going anywhere. The more time I spend just mangling things the way I want and making my janky, weird, whatever I’m doing, the more I’m like, yeah, I’m so glad it’s mine.