I want to sing vocals with my Elektronic Gear

Yep. But access to many parameters and probably better midi implementation for VE ! (Without sysex need).
Automatic Eq / Comp :thinking:. Not sure if it’s possible to add 3rd, 7th etc without external midi.
I hope it will be fine…
The looper is a big plus for me : mini config with my guitar + hx stomp, with quantized drums. :thup:
(I don’t brig my OT everywhere !)

3 Likes

Everything about that video, and singer, was way more impressive than I thought it would be.

I’d love private lessons with her. :content:
Really good keyboardist too! Impressive harmonies. (I would have also liked to hear direct harmonies without the sample feature).

1 Like

I wonder if you have to play the keyboard legato or with progressive chord if you don’t want to retrigger the sample…

Answer :

1 Like

These three guys experiment with different sounds and settings.
The vocal synthesis does sound good.

1 Like

It was not easy to find.
Firmware 2.0 Feature Updates:

Auxiliary input routed through looper:
The auxiliary input is now recorded into the looper along with the vocal signal. Once recorded into a loop, the auxiliary signal can be removed from a loop in the same fashion as vocals - hold the “Set” button and press the “loop” corner of the “Looper” button.

Moved drum sample triggers to MIDI notes:
Instead of using the previous MIDI CC’s to trigger the drum samples, now particular MIDI notes sent on MIDI Channel 10 will trigger the drum samples. They are as follows:
MIDI Note 36 = C2 = Bass Drum
MIDI Note 38 = D2 = Snare Drum
MIDI Note 42 = F#2 = Hi Hat

Variable Gender Morphing:
The first Style on the Morph button (blue ring) now has a full ring of variable gender from constant to full keyboard mapping before going through 9 analog synth vocoder waveforms. This gives a nice gradient between formant-preserved and fully-instrumental.

Added the ability to ignore incoming MIDI CC’s, PC’s, and MIDI clock:
Hold the “Set” button while powering on your Perform-VE to ignore incoming MIDI Control Change, Program Change, and clock data. MIDI notes are still accepted in this mode. This is a volatile setting, so rebooting your Perform-VE will re-allow all MIDI data.

Enhanced behaviour of the XFX effect’s Stutter style 1:
No more double-click, no pause/resume function, removed energy detection. Now it’s much easier to create stutter effects.

MIDI/Lead mix stored in preset:
This used to be a global setting shared by all presets. Now, the MIDI voice level (blue) and LEAD voice level (green) are now stored per-preset.

Bug Fixes:

The Morph effect’s Gender parameter is no longer applied to the Double effect

Fixed a bug where clipping an MP-75 or MCA100 could lock up the UI

More reliable detection of Switch-3 and Switch-6 on power-up

The Double effect was tweaked to sound active when Hardtune is enabled

(https://community.musictribe.com/t5/News/Perform-VE-New-2-0-firmware-update-is-live/td-p/280586)

3 Likes

Apparently Perform VE looper can be synced to external midi clock.

…i’ve been singing to my trax since day one…

tried everything for vox make up and special fx and vocoding…
had really nice results with boss vox box stuff…had the very first one…blue and orange, which seems to me must have been the grand dad of that gadget here…

but…

best results and now since a decade in at least hundred shows a year prooved rock solid in vocal make ups and add fx is the tc helicon stuff…

have various models of them. fixed built in three live rigs, always depending on the event/tour main mission…most of the time it’s the tc voive live two…that even adds a full choir…in realtime!!!

but all the other models offer all the rest of options exactly the same…

so this might be the way better solution…

even offers hard tune, some autotune kind of thing in hardware, with scales n shit…
seems to be their newest model…
but they’re looking back on more than a decade of special know how for live vocals…
so, u can’t go wrong for real with these…

3 Likes

I have ordered the Perform VE and should be able to do a comparison with the VT-4 soon.

3 Likes

lmao they couldn’t just call it formant?

3 Likes

Ordered P VE too! I didn’t order VT4 for comparison though. :smile:

I already can say Perform VE lacks automatic harmony. You need to send it midi notes if you want 3rd, 7th, etc and it’s not relative to your voice. VT4 does it, some others Perform too.

Great :grinning:

That is surprising and a bit disappointing. Maybe we can request it for an update.
I did buy it mainly for the sample synthesis and the better effects.
I can always send it back if it doesn’t work for me.

1 Like

Just to let you know guys know i ordered the VT-4 and it makes my voice a thing of wonder lol(finally im going to do lyrics with electronic music). The standout feature is pitch correction as im totally flat. Its very subtle and with harmony and a bit of reverb added is cool. (i can do a bit of Kraftwerk now as well). Happy days.

4 Likes

Confirmed by Robbie, I asked there :
https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Musician/Perform-VE/m-p/287848/highlight/true#M65754

…all tc helicons i know can be feed with realtime midi chords for sing along in tune…can pick harmony content from a second input for guitars or even have little internal room mics for picking up the right key…and always have the option to set an overall “stay in key xy”…

not sure if this new little one can do also…but that overall key settings option must be somewhere…

Well done man! :+1:t2: :pray:t2: Great that you have already requested this and that they will keep it in mind. I’m looking much forward to receive the Perform VE and play with it.

1 Like

Glad you are happy with it. It is a great unit and I hope the VE’s auto tune will be as good as the VT-4’s.

Yes, there is also Room Sense, but finding the right key doesn’t help to make a 3rd a fifth etc if harmony relative to lead note if not implemented.
Incoming midi notes are not relative.

Perform VG and VK seem to be able to do it.
VT4 too. With VE It’s possible to shift main note, but apparently note in the scale.
Double can add an octave up or down.

Seems like mostly hardware is being discussed here, but if you’re looking for a good software vocal processor I would recommend Nectar 3 but Izotope. It really has everything you need for polished vocals but is a little lacking in the effects.

1 Like

Yes, I used Nectar 3 or 4 years ago.
I want hardware!