I think OT Mk2 will not be my definitive "WorkStation"... but,

before judging (not) me, just let me explain my situation :

since 10 years i had my appart, my studio… last floor, LOUD EXPERIMENTAL TEK at 80 dB from afternoon to 9-10 PM, to finish by headphones , dj-ing … or mixing on the DAW…

in ten years i made a mental job on the neighboorhood, getting 1 dB every New Years day… to finish at maybe 85-90, in 43m²…

• pb with the neighbor down, an evening my music DJing was at 78…

• pple gangs shouting at night, deals etc… not because of me, but becoze street life… on new years day they putted fireworks & they appreciated GOOD vibes from my vinyls…

• but the old neighbor down…

• i finally hated all … + bandits in that sub-urban, some neighbors were cool,…

so ATM, i have no studio, (i change HOME Sweet HOME)

just OT2 + JP-08 + a reverb + PC + soundcard & ADAT…

=>

like i said, i was bored by DAW “MOUSE MUSIC”… not inspired / brainwashing / noPLAY, no Touch…

so now, i dream of an Octatrack 3 with more more… but i live ina 9m²…

my FULL studio will have :

• 6-7 syntesizers (got 5~actually, that lead, that pad…)
  • a mackie mixer
  • FX & something to REC…

so i not tested Octatrack MkII FULLY in GOOD conditions yet,

(i own her since only 2 weeks,)

so give me trust please…

tell me 2 FX / channel (audio) is enough… or two OT, etc…

tell me updates will give us MIDI slides, 9909 steps, chords/modes scales…

or tell me a Octatrack “X” will features all + easy + possibilty to transfer old OT mkI & MkII to a next step…

excuse me, my situation in real life is very complicated ,

just give me hope…

I think OP is asking if there will be a new version of OT. Nobody knows.

6 Likes

@oktatracker nice stuffs but im more into 2 OT actually for 16 audio + 16 MIDI…

but i hope upgrades like MIDI slides, & chords modes/scales (like chord button/modes on Electribe 2)

… ATM, im doing fine stuffs with little space (m²)…

I don’t think this will happen.

Use it for what it can do today, not what you wish it could do tomorrow.

3 Likes

I’m not very good in english but I can understand what I read, but yeah this post isn’t very clear. It start about loudness and happy new year then give me an OT 3 that make cofee plz.

Yes yes, the next OT 3 will do everything you want. But the release date is not planned. So you have to do with what it exist now.

2 Likes

… i got an Electribe on the floor sleeping…

but OT has lots of feats add-able by just OS updates :smiley:

• why can you slide FILTER depth from 0 to 127 ?
  • why cant you slide a MIDI CC from 0 to 127 ???

… it’s not hardware or cpu limited ! it’s just OS/software-side, & it’s upgradable : nothing impossible…

i justly clarifying my situation & the fact actually i cant test OT in good conditions like in my old studio with 6 syntesizers + 2 beatboxes etc… all at 90 dB … in 43m²…

edit: my life is difficult atm if u don’t stated ; im changing region, so much gears to transport, test, buy, sell, repair, donate LOL… HARD Mode !

like i said i own it since only 2 weeks :smiley:

i resume ; i’d like to know when Elektron releases new OS updates, in what frequency… like every years ? every months ? … (what to and to not expect…)

i think i’m talking well.

excuse my “neophyte” experience with Elektron’ gears…

i’ll appreciate this kind of response. :smiley:

OT has been around 10 years, they did an update late last year and added a lot of new stuff people weren’t expecting, but its a very mature instrument so we will be lucky to get much more.

2 Likes

Elektron released the os 1.40A not too long ago. And that was the only Update in years.

Also really hope they don’t release an mk3

1 Like

Just on the CC issue… it is actually impossible, with most of the CCs. There simply is not a valid MIDI message that communicates CC value 42.1, 42.2, 42.3… so if they did implement MIDI slides, they could only work for two specific circumstances:

• if the CC has a two part message, like PITCHWHEEL
  • or when the number of slide trigs is more than the difference between the start and end values

Sure, they could write software to do this. But the team is small and has to organise itself around features it thinks are more valuable.

Even if they did make this, many synths would still step, because of their own internal design.

1 Like

she has a GOOD potential, i don’t feel like i’m CPU-hooked by her !

i saw u mostly use LFO/design for CC automations …

i haven’t tested yet to record any CC for MIDI tracks, like moving a DATA knob, i checked the documentation lot of times. so dunno how it works really…

héhé, i’m too bet-ing on OS features :slight_smile:

btw, any reason “Cenk” leaves Elektron ? he almost make me buy a Digitakt (crazy Demo !!! <3 ) , then chosen OT for the USB disk mode, for backups. (& stereo samples…)

I mean the OT is really perfect as it is IMO

1 Like

if i was rich i buy a mackie 2404 & a second OT… :slight_smile:

for me a MIDI CC is just : 74 + 0…127 .

like DATA knobs / steps… or 1/512th…

Not a chance. They just released a new Black MKII, celebrated 10 years anniversary with a special edition and a new OS…
Why would they spend that time and money if they planned a new OT like?

They’d make something simpler, and they have the Digitakt. I’d rather think about a DT2.

Concerning midi slides, the only possibility is lfos. I avoid continuous lfos, because midi bandwidth is limited. Recording midi CC automation is possible, but per step!
Midi slides are possible with Machinedrum, so why not…

feature-request@elektron.se

I love OT as it is, but I think it’s not finished.
Can’t wait new updates they talked about…

5 Likes

Did they? If the OT is not finished then which Elektron is? :wink:

On a side note, @mk2 if you live in a 9m2 i would not leave ày gear like an Electribe on the floor. I have to say i actually feel for your previous down neighbour i would have chope you in pieces long time before for having a Tek club over my head for years :joy:

3 Likes