I released a single today, and a video

all round this is a very fine piece of work. mastering is great and subtle, video narrative style is spot on and the way its totally free from any particular genre i can think of makes it a totally original slice of brilliance.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a selection of incredibly kind words, mate! Thanks so much. You know, when something is just making sense in your own head, and then youā€™re putting it out there, having no idea if itā€™ll be welcomed or anything. And then you get such incredible nice comments like theseā€¦ itā€™s truly heart warming. So thank you once again.
And thanks everyone!

3 Likes

idk ā€¦ sounds boring! absolutely not my style.

2 Likes

all i could think (verbally) while i was watching & listening was, this is totally you :okej: it made me smile the whole way through. she must be a good actress, keeping such a straight face for so long :wink:

great work man, thanks for the gear list and especially for injecting some upbeat vibes into my day!

p.s. whereā€™s that bridge? amazing architecture and view

2 Likes

The song is definitely growing on meā€¦thereā€™re all these little details that make me wanna listen to it repeatedly. Big fan of your work Cuckoo!

2 Likes

Not my style but my daughter is dancing to it so good job for sure mate!

1 Like

Love me some zany fractalized psycadelic love songs of the futureā€¦ :slight_smile:
Keep up the good vibes, tunes that makes smiles happen help the world tremendously! :ecstatic:

2 Likes

Thanks! The bridge is at Oslo Central Station, leading towards the new posh architecture area called the Barcode district. Close to the Opera.

3 Likes

I updated the top entry to include the one-take version :slight_smile:

Good work Sir. I know this bridge from visits! Also, many thanks for the Digitakt video. Got me up and running in no time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dammit, @cuckoomusic! I thought with one take I was going to get a happy ending! But instead itā€™s like youā€™re a ghost of her former lover= even more heartbreaking! :open_mouth:

Cool videos, though!

1 Like

Is there a true story lurking somewhere here? Thereā€™s a bittersweet beauty to the entire piece.

1 Like

Thanksā€¦ Thereā€™s always truth lurking behind lyrics. ā€œInspired by real feelingsā€ ā€¦ Been moulded into a piece on its own, separate to the truth now. When Iā€™m writing lyrics (Iā€™m not a lyrical master or anything) itā€™s most of the time a composite of a collection of emotional traces, sharing the same theme, often trailing back to long gone episodes in life. Rather than actually just one thing.

This particular story is like a collection of feelings related to ā€œmutual love interests that never got the chance to evolveā€, and how one side seemingly moves on, and the other side canā€™t let goā€¦ But then again, perhaps neither side can truly let go, or itā€™s just a one-sided emotional projection of a nut case.

I once asked a friend of mine about his lyrics. Heā€™s kinda big in Sweden, and a master of bitter sweet song lyrics, especially in Swedish (Markus KrunegĆ„rd). I asked him if his stories were all true, because when listening to them they seem so incredibly personal. And he told me that even though most of the lyrics start out with true stories, he is directing the lyrics as he sees fit, (this is where his song writing artistry comes into play) in order to make it a powerful song lyric.

I guess often to describe an emotional dual edged mediocre seed of inner sense of doubt, regrets and insanity, truth alone isnā€™t strong enough.

5 Likes

Really interesting. I got this feeling, at the end of the first video, that it wasnā€™t obvious who actually missed who. Cause while youā€™re left alone on the bench at the end, the womanā€™s final shot is still one where she looks at, and smiles at you, and I had this idea that she was thinking you were there, and missing you cause you werenā€™t. And you were in your version of that space. And the fact that itā€™s not clear, makes it so great.

So what I really liked about it, was that it wasnā€™t one of those classic ā€œI miss youā€, but more that youā€™re both missing each other, in your own space, and youā€™re not entirely aware - but we, as an audience are, and thatā€™s what makes the bittersweet.

6 Likes

^-Concurred! I thought that too, with the original video! The fact that it comes off as more than one sided is where the trickery at the end feels all the more saddening.

i think the world needs a tribal techno remix of it, Cuckoo.

Thank you so much! Iā€™m glad this came through. I think this part is the most difficult, and the most important in storytelling. To create an entity that becomes its own emotional being, with a complexity that makes it real, and not a total stereotype.[quote=ā€œvaaiber, post:36, topic:43783, full:trueā€]
i think the world needs a tribal techno remix of it, Cuckoo.
[/quote]

Ha haā€¦ Do it :blush:

3 Likes

just got my digitakt:)) . i shall see what i can do matey :)) . keep up the great levels of brilliance!

1 Like

the universal truth, said with candor and expressed (video) creatively.

1 Like

A beautiful and subtle production. The balance of sounds. I havenā€™t checked yet, but I hope thereā€™s an instrumental version too. :eyeglasses:

1 Like