I really dig this little box

That’s some really interesting stuff, Simon! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, @virtualpt - appreciate it.

1 Like

Pedals you say? image

2 Likes

Love Digitone. As much as A4 is my perfect all-time, paint worn off, slightly broken, sequences my modular, great FX machine, Digitone is also great.

I just wish Digitone had the A4 form factor. Clacking the A4 sequencer buttons makes me feel cenky.

1 Like

I’ll say this. I have a serious love/hate with this machine after only a day. On one hand, the half a dozen or so sounds I’ve already made are great and I can def see them being used in my tunes. I’m also super excited to really learn more about FM.

But stuff like the voice/note thing (I’ll mostly use this as a sound module vs sequencing on it), the clicking issues, and a few other features I’ve mentioned in the feature requests thread make me pretty annoyed with the workability of this machine, both as a sound module and standalone.

I’ve got a few weeks to decide if I want to keep it, thankfully.

Mk I or Mk II?

Also, what can the A4 do that the digitone can’t?

Analog lol

id say that a A4 with the DN/DT form would be amazing but then they would have to come up with a different name.

1 Like

Analog 3

shameless plug for some deadly DN kick drums (and hats):

5 Likes

Really digging those clippy, choppy percussive parts. Good work!

I hooked up my Red Panda Tensor and EQD Avalanche Run with the DN last night. They are friends! I swear that the Tensor - in all it’s tape-warp, glitchy glory - is made more for synths rather than guitars… Just a couple of extra tools, and the DN has a whole new world to explore.

1 Like

Ah, yiss. Many. I’ve slimmed down what I would deem to be the ‘core’ of my guitar sound these days and have got a fair few boxes that, while I love 'em, just don’t use that much. I think I’d rather sell them to someone who wants to have them and use them all the time and put some money into building up a small modular.

(My idea of a modular is a Morphagene, some kind of verb/delay, and a CV wobbler… small, simple, and good for processing stuff)

1 Like

thanks bud!

i’d be curious to hear more about the MD’s FM engines in a future Ef™ episode. Always been curious … had no idea how many ops they had, etc.

1 Like

I love the Digitone. I’m flying high on positive vibes after doing the best livepa of my life last night, in my band Moss Pig. Our setup is 2x Digitones, 2x TR-8, Octatrack, and TT303, and the DN was just key in the entire thing. What a freaking synth, a complete “techno-electro-house-drone-and-it-does-fills-too” box.

My favorite synth since the TB303 and SH101, hands down. I wanna get more of them and build a fort to live in from the boxes. My Digitone kingdom.

13 Likes

Oh, man. That sounds awesome! Got any videos of the performance? A tower of DNs would set you up to take over the world!

I’m looking at a box to compliment the DN… thinking about the SP404SX (or A?) or maybe the DT. It’ll mostly be a drum thing.

1 Like

There will be a video promo of it coming around soon, and the recording will be released as well.

I finally got some quality time with my DN and I’m blown away by the potential for gradually morphing from one sound to another. Even a 4 bar pattern with some live arp tweaking can keep me going for hours. The interface that the clever folks at Elektron have designed for FM synthesis is nothing short of genius, because it provides endless possibilities for intuitive subtle tweaks and don’t get me started on the huge kicks this thing can produce.

9 Likes

yeah the kicks sound awesome

2 Likes