I need more input.. My first mixer

That’s cool. I’m not sure what the risk is but if you followed the link I gave people recommend linking two pins of the xlr end for this application. Back when I was figuring this out I found the exact cable somewhere and bought enough for a timeline and big sky. I’m assuming you will be fine but I would recommend just turn everything off before connecting or disconnecting the cables from the mixer or the pedals to be safe. That’s a good practice anyway I suppose. Enjoy the qu24 it’s an awesome mixer.

While I’m talking about the qu mixers one thing that tripped me up for recording is I had speakers off the main outs and that is not ideal for recording because you want to push just below 0db for recording and for my speakers that would be way too loud. So for recording I recommend putting your speakers off of a mix out or off of the alt out. If you use the alt out set it to follow the main LR out then you can just use the alt out knob to set a decent level to listen to while you can push a high level to your daw to record. I have pa speakers with a sub off my alt out if I want to be loud and I have some studio monitors off of one of my group outs if I want to mix or just want to play at a lower volume. Also the group outs can get a bit confusing when it comes to channel processing. For example I had to change something to hear channel compression on my mix out I send to my monitors. The qu forums are pretty good for any question you come up with and reading the manual and experimenting is always smart. Have fun!

2 Likes

That’s so helpful, I have to read it a few more times, but when I tried recirding the other day it was really quite on playback, even tho I had it sounding how I liked out the speakers. What you just said must be why. Psychic abilities geddon

Heya, I’ve run into a couple of problems yesterday when trying to do a large recording.
Channels 17/18 were set to master, can this be changed?
St1 did not seem to receive recorded audio St 2 and 3 did, any ideas why that might be?

In case anyone needs the answer…

http://support.allen-heath.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/1142/0/how-do-i-route-audio-to-and-from-my-qu-mixer-and-the-daw

1 Like