I need help purchasing my first mixer(UPDATE: I decided on the SSL SiX and couldn't be happier)

I’d be fine with two auxes. I think you’re right though. the SLL six, compact as it may be, might not be appropriate.

The Soundcraft EPM 6 has two AUX buses that can independently be set pre/post, which is a nice feature in an inexpensive analogue mixer. 36 x 28 x 9 cm. €185.

The Soundcraft Signature 10 adds a third AUX bus to built-in effects, limiters on the input channels, and a third stereo channel. 38 x 31 x 11 cm. €249.

1 Like

Yes I agree in this case about the real faders for me to make changes on the fly on a live situation it’s more easy to get this precision and the tactile stuff didn’t help. For some situations k-mix works And those Soundcraft options looks good for the price.

The EPM range are nice.

I have the 6. It has six mono and two stereo channels (the stereo channels can be aux sends).

Pros: You can rack mount them easily to reduce footprint. It has effects inserts and sounds good. It’s well made and thought out. Cons: Well personally I’d still like another couple of channels sometimes and another couple of aux sends often.

There is no small mixer with 4 AUX buses. You could get a matrix mixer custom made for $$$.

This sounds great.

1 Like

Mixing down.

1 Like

do you have an audio interface? your setup is small enough you could get an interface that allows you plug everything into it, then you can just record as needed. then get a patch bay to route to your effects. or get a rack mixer. if you’re not using EQ now, you can probably live without it in a mixer.

1 Like

This is the set up im moving away from.

hah! fair enough. you didn’t mention that in the original post. maybe I missed it in another…? sounded like you were just daisy-chaining the Elektron devices. anyway, disregard then!

1 Like

I have a babyface pro and with a behringer ada 8200 into ableton. I moved away from this to the daisy chaining of elektron devices.

1 Like

I got the SSL SiX, it sounds great., can be configured a bunch of different ways, I couldn’t be happier.
this thing is amazing.

7 Likes

Ehsan is a God with these machines. His music never fails to impress!

2 Likes

How are you finding the ssl six mix?

I d like to buy one too- I use a metric halo and daisy chain elektron to record one stereo out but I think ssl six mix is a better solution

It’s a bit of a swiss army knife depending how you deploy it. SSL has a bunch of different tips and trick on how to use it for different things in different ways. I use it mostly for summing. the compressors all sound great. it’s low noise, small, high quality and portable.

2 Likes

Great news

I will use it to jam digitone nord rack and soon an Octatrack

I already have a metric halo which I plan using in conjuction with the ssl mix

Nice set-up!

How do you listen to the audio?Do you have a mixer?

Are you asking if i have this mixer?

1 Like

Yes

The title says it all.

1 Like