3 Likes
3 Likes

Gabber can be very romantic

4 Likes
7 Likes

Probably not strictly gabber , but there’s some bits in there

3 Likes

Oooooooh, a thread I have to devour!
Thunderdome II, Bud Spencer and Terrence Hill were big part my child hood :stuck_out_tongue:

I like to contribue this banger of Marusha:

She’s one of my first role models / female idols. Marusha also hosted the first german techno TV show called “Feuerreiter”, from roughly 1993 to 1996. And she keeps on raving :wink:

4 Likes
1 Like

Not from the nineties at all, but made by a friend of mine a couple of years back. Usually when there’s cause for (official) celebration, we finns play Porilaisten marssi which is a traditional military march.

Just a moment ago Finland won Ice Hockey world championship of 2022, so it’s time for Porilaisten gabba.

1 Like

love that lofi chiptune vibe :smiley:

1 Like

Nobody for Liza N’Eliaz, “Queen of Terror” ?

3 Likes

Nice ones!

1 Like

there is this one track that I really want to find. It was basically a 909 overdriven kick but it played around with the EQ and filter…and that was the whole track. The sleeve had a bunch of skulls on it.
I know this is vague…but I would love to find this again. Help me, elektronauts, you are my only hope.

Probably a long shot because this is not hardcore/gabber but early hardstyle, your description made me think of this:

1 Like

Wow, quite generic ;p

What country did it originate from? Do you know the year range it was released or might’ve hit consciousness?

close but no cigar. Faster, harder, less samples

I think I know the track you’re talking about, but I can’t remember the name of it.

I’m sure it was on one of the Thunderdome compilations, but then everything was so…

Give me 10 minutes to go bang my head against a wall and it’ll fall out.

would have been late 90’s I guess. When Bass Generator/Rez was the in thing.

Haha I never knew Gabber is actually a thing outside of the Netherlands. I also never thought of Gabber as a genre of music, but as a big subculture which had to do with dressing a certain way (bald head, tracksuit), taking drugs and disliking skaters (for some unknown reason). People belonging to this subculture were known as ‘gabbers’ here.

Growing up in the city it also always felt like this was a thing for people from the countryside, but this might just have been my perception. Was this a similar thing in other countries?

1 Like

yeah thunderdome would be right. Everything in Scotland seemed to start there and come over here.

Yes.

It quickly morphed into happy hardcore (then plain old hardcore) here in the UK, but Gabber was a big deal round here for a couple of summers in the mid 90s

2 Likes