I spent a few hours last night diving into the Digitone’s synth engine and made a few brittle patches. Then I spent all morning working on a track using those patches.
I think this track has the most complex beat programming I’ve on the DIgitone so far. All the drums are squeezed into one track. Each step is p-locked to a different sound. In som places I use microtiming to make two notes play at practically the same time (kick and cymbal), and also use arp on the hats to fake retriggering, which the Digitone doesn’t have.
The main melody was a recreation of my favorite patch that I made for my favorite FM VST (Toxic Biohazard), and I placed a LOT of trigless locks to add movement to the sound.
I want to find a better workflow for making drums, lots of nitpicking (which I actually like) that takes a lot of time (which I don’t like).
All audio is coming from the Digitone. I only added a limiter in post to smooth out the transients.
Thanks for listening!