I just gotta say, I underestimated OB

So I knew that OB was gonna be a game changer for me, but it didn’t really hit me until last night.

I usually use my DT while laying in bed with my lady while she’s watching TV, and before OB that’s where it would end. I really didn’t want to get it hooked up to my interface and track out each channel individually, as I knew it would be time consuming. Not only that, but having lots of cabling running through my desk has been giving me some anxiety lately.

But then came OB finally. Now when I’m done with a track, I simply plug in the USB cable, open either Live for OB standalone, record the songs length, and I’m done. That simple. At MOST a 3 minute process (not counting mixing in Live, of course.) That, to me, is amazing. I couldn’t be happier.

14 Likes

Good for you, but I hope that’s the only 3 minute process that takes place in your bed!

Sorry mate, too easy!

25 Likes

Don’t be sorry that was golden lmao

2 Likes

is it a standalone vst? and can I use it with Live even though I don’t have Heat, Oct MKII, etc…?

And just think, all of us could have done this 3 years ago if they stuck an ADAT port on it :wink: haha. But yeah it’s pretty cool. Can’t wait for them to iron out the creases anyway.

4 Likes

It’s to be used in tandem with an Overbridge enabled Elektron device

But there is a stand-alone and a VST

4 Likes

thanks

I haven’t attempted Overbridge yet with my Digitone, however I can definitely agree with the game changer sentiment. I have my Novation Bass Station II and Reface CS running through the inputs of the Digitone. Therefore all tracks will be streaming into my daw to record, in which it will save time and help for mixing tracks in post. My only hardware that has to be layered on top and recorded in an additional take are my Machinedrum and Virus C, but the drums are usually recorded separate anyways. Can’t wait to try OB!

1 Like

Good man! I salute you! :muscle:t3:

1 Like

Yeah, OB is awesome.

My laptop is mostly a portable coding station. I don’t want to bog it down with a lot of plugins and stuff. So, it’s basically a catchers mitt for my hardware output. Just record into it, clean up the audio and then output it.

But, trying to record into interfaces with my many boxes can be a hassle and a nightmare of cables. Even then, there’s a whole mess of individual tracks that are being pumped into 3/4 stereo files.

So, with OB my workspace is much tidier, and ideas that I had while jamming are able to be cleaned up(What the heck was I thinking having that crazy noise track so loud in the mix?!?!?!)

Yes, OB is amazing. I love being able to have the hardware feel when composing my tracks and still have the precision of working in a DAW when producing the output.

:ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

4 Likes

awesome setup! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Tell me about it! If #Jamuary has taught me anything, it’s to get all your volume levels right before you commit to recording out the 2 buss. And even if you feel the levels are all balanced, filter sweep one of your synth lines and here comes a nice volume spike. CTR-Al the decay on my MD and wowzas! Then you have this one glaring, audible defect in an otherwise great track. An unhappy accident if you will.

Overbridge rectifies these issues by keeping the fun and tactile nature of the hardware interface but allows for the precision editing of all tracks in a Daw in post! Match made in heaven.

5 Likes

Thanks @Unifono!