I found Very Hacky way of zero latency overbridge use

So , first of all , theres nothing wrong with overbridge , i guess , but since i usually play keyboards instead of programming notes the latency of overbridge makes it pretty much unusable for me … but i found a hacky way , wich is probably full of problems i havent encountered yet .
So i have Komplete Kontrol by Native instruments , and in good NI style this plugin does not report latency to the DAW , so when hosting a Overbridge plugin inside Komplete kontrol , Ableton sees it as a zero latency plugin and thus does not compensate … now if you send midi straight to the overbridge plugin , the latency still applies , and ofcourse you will need the sound to come through a audio interface since the sound of the overbridge plugin will have its latency , and thus must be muted .
What you will need to do is have a separate midi channel (or in my case i have voice 1 and two in unison through the main outputs , and voice three and four comming out on their own outputs , so three midi channels … i use a midi cable for this , but usb might work , i dont know …)
The sweet part about this is i have the overbridge plugin in ableton to program the synth , and the total recall feature allows me to save the sounds in a project … this might just be my pet peeve , but if someone has been annoyed by the latency you might want to try this

2 Likes