I feel I should already know the answer to this, but

…I just wanted to check what the best working practice is for using the same base sample multiple times in Octatrack? With totally different loop settings and such.

Are the sample settings saved per flex track (and therefore per part)? So for example I put vocal sample X into flex track 1, and edit two loop points into it via AED. If I then load the the same sample X into flex track 2 and edit in 3 entirely different loop sections, will it undo the original loops on flex track 1?

Or do I have to save a copy of the master sample and rename each time I want a new set of conditions for that original file?

Feel dumb for having to ask!

Per Sample Slot

7 Likes

Nice idea for a thread… do you mind if I add a new question?

Mine is: are the global settings like midichannels and personalisation settings saved per project or per set?

Project. In fact a lot of the midi stuff can be done per part

PERSONALIZE settings are effective for all projects, all sets, even with a new card.

3 Likes

Thanks, I had noticed these are shared among projects, but didn’t know these were that global…

Here’s my feel like I should know question-

I’m looking for a new cf card. I should probably avoid the sandisk extreme 64gb card, that’s shipping from Hong Kong for 19.99 right?

Why would you?

I use this one and it works fine, as long as it is genuine, I guess

1 Like

Yeah that’s my concern-are they fake ones or legit.

I think I’ll just go with something uk based and pay the extra!

1 Like

Why would I what?

I would :+1:t5:

1 Like

“why would you avoid…” But sorry. I didn’t understand you were questioning the genuineness of the card. I thought if you should avoid a 64gb card. Which is a natural “why would you?” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ahh sorry. Yeah it was about the genuineness of the cards.

I guess the adage ‘if it’s too good to be true’ should really be adhered to here!

3 Likes

Just ordered a 64GB CF card from Sandisk. Extreme. About 40 usd
Should work in theory. But I guess we will see…

Will def work. :wink:

2 Likes

Good to know! Still just getting on with it, and figured it would as the manual said up to 64GB.

I have a 64GB in mine and have no problems at all. Go for it :wink:

1 Like

Same here, works great

64GB card delivered and problem free! :slight_smile:

2 Likes