I can't believe I waited this long

I got an Octatrack secondhand this afternoon.

I’ve read so much over the years about how difficult and cryptic the octatrack is, and to be honest it put me right off. But I’ve used the MDUW and MnM for a few years, and I’ve had a Rytm for a couple of months now, and I found them all super intuitive and easy to use.

And guess what? Within minutes of opening up the octatrack I was using it to crossfade between Rytm patterns, resampling, setting up neighbour machines to fuck shit up… It’s a breeze! Sure it’s complicated, but it’s logical, at least to my Elektron-ified brain.

So basically, I’m posting to say (1) I’m really excited about my new octatrack and (2) damn all those people who put me off for so long!

11 Likes

always only trust yourself :wink:

1 Like

What William said.

Out of all the synths I’ve used over the years, the ones that are supposedly the most difficult to use, are the ones I’ve found a breeze.

Internet opinions are like bum holes. Everyone has one.

2 Likes

Right on.

People are more likely to post on a forum when they have complaints and less driven to post praise. It’s human nature.

Have fun with the OT, it’s very unique!

1 Like

yes OT as a performance hub is a breeze. it is not hard but i am still trying to find my way though an efficient setup where i can expand beyond the performance hub aspect. i just comes down to i need to use it more and spend to time with the machine.

Good man :+1:

:laughing: :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, I think I’m going to have to ignore internet opinions from now on.

1 Like

I don’t have an Octa but I have an A4. When I bought it I heard all about how “difficult” Elektron machines were. I was even a little daunted by watching Cenk’s videos where he whips around the device tapping buttons and twisting knobs…

Later on I realized that had I bought four monosynths, a sequencer, and an FX unit I would have been much slower and dealing with several learning curves all at once. Elektron integrates a lot of functionality and streamlines a lot of tapdancing you’d otherwise have to do between boxes. It’s not difficult at all.

Rumors are spread by people who haven’t used Elektrons. There are also people who prefer a one-knob-per-function experience… That’s valid, but I live in an apartment and don’t have space for a million clunky boxes.

2 Likes

When I became captain of the town, I decided to extend asylum to certain citizens who were persona non grata elsewhere in the area because of their disgusting and disquieting deformities.

One was known as Spare Ass Annie. She had an auxiliary asshole in the middle of her forehead, like a baneful bronze eye.
Hee hee - great song!!

2 Likes